Diving in Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Martin or Antigua

vplsh

We will be on the Celebrity Summit in March and my husband is interested in diving in one or two of these ports.

Can anyone recommend dive operators in any of them? Also, which 2 would you recommend as don't miss??

Thanks!

I used a ship's excursion in St.Lucia - we first went to the wreck of the Lesleen M which is quite nice. It sits on sand right next to lots of sea grass. The second site was Rosemond’s Trench which I really liked a lot - big lobsters, small frogfish, lots of other sealife ! Both dives were appr. 1 hr. each, we didn't have to follow the guide but could do our own thing.

For me this was the best diving out of the 4 day trips (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Tortola/RMS Rhone, St. Lucia).

Susanne

We chose to do this using the ship's excursion. Celebrity uses Dive St. Lucia, and the trip was fantastic. We had a shore dive first at Anse Chastanet, followed by Superman's Flight at the base of the Pitons. The excursion is a bit more expensive than other excursions we have taken, but the dive sites are pretty much at the opposite end of the island. This is my favorite dive to date.

We dove in St. Martin as well, but other than a small wreck we did not see much. The HMS Proselyte at St. Martin is supposed to be a fantastic wreck dive if weather and operator permits, but it did not on our trip.

Were I to go back, I would most likely try to dive Barbados - the water was extremely clear and there were sea turtles all around the beach. Hope there would be even more to see underwater!

We dove both at St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados.

In Barbado, between dives we went to Sandy Lane Beach to snorkel and saw lots of big turtles. The dives were decent there.

In Antiqua, the better diving is in the south end of the island, which takes 30min ride. We arranged a private taxi tour go get there to dive/snorkel. After that, did a tour around the island. The diving/snorkeling was good, but there's risk of rough waters. The ship docks in the northwest, so most dive tours there take you to nearby locations which aren't as good.

In St Lucia, we arranged to dive privately with Dive Fair Helen, and went to Superman's Flight at the pitons. To see the pitons, you need to be on water, so that was the additional benefit of doing boat diving. It was way cheaper than going through the ship which would easily cost at least double.

I'd choose to dive St Lucia over Barbados. Would dive Antiqua only if can arrange inexpensive ride to the south.

We dove both at St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados.

In Barbado, between dives we went to Sandy Lane Beach to snorkel and saw lots of big turtles. The dives were decent there.

In Antiqua, the better diving is in the south end of the island, which takes 30min ride. We arranged a private taxi tour go get there to dive/snorkel. After that, did a tour around the island. The diving/snorkeling was good, but there's risk of rough waters. The ship docks in the northwest, so most dive tours there take you to nearby locations which aren't as good.

In St Lucia, we arranged to dive privately with Dive Fair Helen, and went to Superman's Flight at the pitons. To see the pitons, you need to be on water, so that was the additional benefit of doing boat diving. It was way cheaper than going through the ship which would easily cost at least double.

I'd choose to dive St Lucia over Barbados. Would dive Antiqua only if can arrange inexpensive ride to the south.

Thanks for the information!

Archived