Port Everglades: Embassy Suites or Renaissance?

bloofer

I am planning a pre-cruise stay of 3 days in Ft Lauderdale. I have narrowed down my choices to Embassy Suites and Renaissance (Club floor). If anyone reading this has stayed at BOTH places, I'd very much appreciate some points of comparison.

Thanks.

Elizabeth

It depends on what you're looking for. The Renaissance is quiet and elegant, but not much else to say for the high price. Does it even have a pool? Can't remember. The Embassy Suites will be a little more busy, but has a beautiful pool area and that great free manager's reception every evening and the made to order breakfast buffet in the morning. Also, the bedroom is separate from the living room. Have stayed at both, you really can't go wrong with either.

It depends on what you're looking for. The Renaissance is quiet and elegant, but not much else to say for the high price. Does it even have a pool? Can't remember. The Embassy Suites will be a little more busy, but has a beautiful pool area and that great free manager's reception every evening and the made to order breakfast buffet in the morning. Also, the bedroom is separate from the living room. Have stayed at both, you really can't go wrong with either.

I agree. Very well said.

Renaissance is going to be more formal.

Both excellent choices.

Keith

I agree. Very well said.

Renaissance is going to be more formal.

Both excellent choices.

Keith

Nice to have a Grocery Store nearby for anything you might have forgotten. Also, has lots of Restaurants in it to pick from.

It's the Harbor Shops and is about 3 blocks from the Renaissance, level and quite walkable. There is a shopping plaza across the street from the Renaissance but the shops are quite limited....but a great Italian restaurant is there....Bravo's and the Bimini Boat Yard (rather average). There is Walgreen's right across 17th from the hotel.

We have stayed at the Renaissance on many occasions, the rooms are large, comfortable, quiet and we have been very happy with it. We are not staying there this year only because of price and are going to the Hyatt Place.

http://www.bravoitaliano.com/

It depends on what you're looking for. The Renaissance is quiet and elegant, but not much else to say for the high price. Does it even have a pool?

Yes, to the right of the front door as you stand and face the hotel. Basically a line of shrubs separate the pool from 17th St.

Archived