Who is Bill W & who are his friends?

maxx

The funniest part is that generally with these sorts of things, the person who actually *IS* in the group where the humor is directed isn't the one who gets offended. It's usually someone else who feels a need to get offended for them by proxy.

I have a family member who refers to himself as a quitter all that time. Humor is a great tool. He uses it well. A man that works for me also is proud to let anyone know he's a quitter, too. He says it all the time and is 30-something years sober himself.

There is frequently another "Friends of--" meeting on ships, but not seen quite as often as "Friends of Bill." It is a woman's first name which unfortunately alludes me now. This important group is Al-Anon and is for family members of alcoholics.

It is friends of Dorthy! It is for gay men & lesbians. Al-Anon is a great support group for the family members. They learn how to deal with the alcoholic. Many many great support groups for people with all kinds of addictions. I know I could not have got sober without help.

I have been in recovery for 8 years andmy wife has been sober for 10 and we dont expect anybody to understand it other than another drunk. we are docters and lawyers,mothers and fathers ,just like all of you the funniest comment was that thier friend was a leader in AA and only other members would understand that lol.. we are cruising in oct 28 with a group of 300 friends of bill

I once overheard someone telling another new cruiser that it was Captain Bill Wright and his many followers . We were on The Allure and he was the Captain at that time, I knew it was not true, but was too busy laughing to tell them so .

I'm glad this post was made as I too thought it was something to do with Bill Wright lol. :o

Im sure it was not meant to be a "laughing matter"

with a family member in AA his favorite shirt is a Quiters tee shirt.

it says AA is for Quiters.. and he is a quiter.

I hope his tshirt is spelled correctly ;)

3 years sober myself... I wasn't offended. Only by the spelling of quitters :)

Archived