Paris hotel

karen sharpe

We're staying in Paris for a few days in April and looking for a great hotel. Has anyone stayed at the Pullman Paris Montparnasse? Would you recommend it? It is the hotel used by the cruise company but it seems a bit far from all the attractions and i am worried about reviews saying it is in a dicey area.?

We're staying in Paris for a few days in April and looking for a great hotel. Has anyone stayed at the Pullman Paris Montparnasse? Would you recommend it? It is the hotel used by the cruise company but it seems a bit far from all the attractions and i am worried about reviews saying it is in a dicey area.?

It is across from the train station is why it may say "dicey" area.I have not stayed there.I stay at the Hotel Scribe right near the Opera.Great location, and in a great area.It is not cheap,but not overpriced for what you get.There are quite a few hotels mentioned of late on this board so you may want to check out a few pages here.Sometimes cruiselines do not use the best of hotels just like tour companies...they can be in a not so great location.

I can only tell you that we stayed at a great place that was in walking distance to the Eiffel Tower and the Arc d' Triumphe. It was modern, comfortable and reasonable. The front desk was excellent and friendly. Loved it there.

We were in Paris for two nights post cruise and never used a taxi. Everything was at our disposal. We did the hop-on-hop-off bus for an overview of the city and that was great too.

http://www.paris-hotel-gardenelysee.com/

We just stayed at the Hotel Gramont Opera for three nights and enjoyed it. It is a boutique hotel located close to the Opera Garnier, shopping, and very close to two Metro stops. The cost is 207 euros per night. The best thing about the hotel is they cater to a very english speaking clientele and are also very happy to help you plan each day showing you which Metro to take and the switches necessary. The area is great and very convenient. I wouldn't let a cruise company do my planning.

Archived