Seattle Public Transportation Alert

runnerodb83

Although it won't affect most cruisers this year, the Metro Bus Ride Free Area of downtown will vanish in late September this year. Next year if you choose to use public transportation in downtown Seattle to other destinations downtown, you will need to pay the one zone fare ($2.25 off peak, $2.50 peak) per person. Unfortunately Metro still does not have an all day pass for sale.

Although it won't affect most cruisers this year, the Metro Bus Ride Free Area of downtown will vanish in late September this year. Next year if you choose to use public transportation in downtown Seattle to other destinations downtown, you will need to pay the one zone fare ($2.25 off peak, $2.50 peak) per person. Unfortunately Metro still does not have an all day pass for sale.

Bummer and thanks for the heads up! I'm in the process of booking our hotel for our cruise next May so I will make sure we don't need to depend on it to get around :)

Bummer and thanks for the heads up! I'm in the process of booking our hotel for our cruise next May so I will make sure we don't need to depend on it to get around :)

The buses will still run the same routes--they just won't be free in the downtown core. If price is your deciding factor in choosing between the average downtown hotel and the average hotel nearer Seattle Center or South Lake Union, you could probably take a whole LOT of bus rides before your fares added up to the difference in the room price.

The buses will still run the same routes--they just won't be free in the downtown core. If price is your deciding factor in choosing between the average downtown hotel and the average hotel nearer Seattle Center or South Lake Union, you could probably take a whole LOT of bus rides before your fares added up to the difference in the room price.

Sure, but using the free bus zone was a nice convenience before. I'm not seeing that much of a difference in prices until you start looking at the 4* hotels....

while I hadn't heard about a 'circulator' bus it would be nice to have an alternative. I would add that taxi rates are scheduled to increase later this summer in Seattle. The flat rate TO the airport from downtown hotel is slated to increase from $32 to $40 so normally there is a ripple effect with towncars and shuttles also raising their rates. Just a fyi

Archived