So i booked my excursions....now what

Everlast

I 'm lookin for some imput from the experienced cruisers out there. We booked our excursions through Carnival and i would love to know what to do when we board the ship. How do we know where each excursion leaves from, we have the times and days but where do they meet. I figure we ask at the pursers desk but figured you would have lots of ideas and possibly some funny mishaps. Also anyone ever do the Myan ruins by horseback, looks great and loved any horseback riding we have done to date. As always thanks for the input.

Now that you have booked your excursions. Sit Back. When you board

the ship you will find the tickets for the excursion in your cabin. The ticket

will tell you at what time and where the excursion will begin. I cruised on

the Miracle from 5/1-5/8/05 and that's how it worked. No problem,

just let it happen.

BigBob is right, You will receive the tickets the first or second day in your cabin, On the Ticket it will list the time and place where to meet, A lounge at 9am etc if you are taking a Tender out to the Pier, or Pier at 9am etc, look for the guys holding the Excursion signs, you cant miss them.

On the Spirit 4/2 sailing we got the tickets in our Cabin-Mail box on the second day (first at sea), the tickets tell what time your tour is along with when and where to meet.

Check them carefully in case they change your tour time (they did that to me) if they do just take them to the Tour Desk and see of you can change them (this of course only applies to tours with multiple times available).

Also don't freak-out (like I did !) I knew I had pre-paid them but then started seeing charges for them coming up on the Fun-Vision for my S&S Card charges............... seems to be able to issue the tickets, they have to list them as an on-board charge then the do credit them right back..........I happened to look before the credit was issued....... so to save anyone an irate trip to the Tour Desk or Purser's desk, I pass this hint along.

Also even though you pre-paid them, if you need to cancel, first you have 24 hours prior to the tour to do so, and they will credit you back or let you apply it to another tour.

I wanted to add this. On our cruise on the Glory last year we received our tickets for the Blue Lagoon. We were not notified by phone or letter in cabin but the time for this excursion changed. The only way that we knew about it was because my bf had went to the info desk for something and there was a sign in the lobby stating the time change. Had he not gone there , we would have missed our excursion. Another couple, first time cruisers, approached us while we were at the meeting place on the pier and asked what this tour was. They told us they had also booked this tour but did not have their swimsuits on or anything else that they needed. They were doing shopping first. They were not told of the time change...which I know is true because of what happened to us...and the lines were just too long and there was too little time for them to go back to their cabin. They asked us to send them pictures of the tour that they missed. I felt really bad for them.

Are you a first time cruiser? A few more tips.....after boarding take your carryons to your cabin...get a funship drink of the day and explore! Another thing that we always do is check our dining time to make sure it is what we requested. If not, you will be able to go the maitre'd and request a change.

If your dining time is important to you....do this as soon as possible!

Have a great time!!!!!!

Thanks for all the assistance. I would have replied earlier but out modem crashed for the last 24 hours and some scum broke into my wifes car and stole the radio. Well since i am the glass half full type i think we are getting all our bad luck out of the way before the cruise!!! At this rate we will really need it.Thanks agin i'll make sure to keep an eye out for time changes. Under two weeks!!!!

Archived