Frozen drinks with artificial sweetener?

flyingv4me

A lot of blended drinks start with a "simple syrup" which is a concentrated sugar water. They make it up in quantity ahead of time. It would be hard to make those drinks with an artificial sweetener. Not saying that you can't get some sort of tropical drink with artificial sweetener, but you'll need a willing bartender who can work with you on that idea.

Drinks that don't use simple syrup will be easier -- but the fruit juices and fruit blends they use may also have been sweetened and would contain sugar.

Is it possible to get frozen drinks (pina colada, daiquiri, et cetera) made with artificial sweeteners instead of sugar? Just curious. Thanks!

Greetings

The frozen drinks on Equinox were made using Island Oasis drink machines and Island Oasis mixers. These are premade mixers which come in milk carton type containers. They have lots of sugar. They did have limes at the bars, so a friendly (well tipped) barman should be able to make lime daiquries using sweetner.

Good Sailing

Tom

They don't have the no-carb mixers for most frozen drinks. I imagine that if you were to bring a couple of bottles of Baja Bob's mixers with you, you'd probably be able to get a bartender to make you drinks using the mixer you brought. I would expect that you would have to explain to the bartender what you wanted, and then tip appropriately. In other words, it's unlikely that you can get him to do something that different when he's very busy, like at sailaway.

Archived