South America - Multiple cities - please help

swedie

I tried so hard to make Easter Island work for us last year and it just didn't because of the time you have to allow in case the planes can't land. Well that is why you have lots on a bucket list!!:D If you don't make it to Easter Island and you do go to Valpo visit the Chile Museum of Archeology. Great exhibits and an actual head. Most of the tours do a photo shoot of the head and then head on out but the little museum with an English speaking guide was a real gem of an experience. Well worth an hour.

The museum is already on my list for Val. Thanks for the heads up...hahaha.

If you don't make it to Easter Island and you do go to Valpo visit the Chile Museum of Archeology... Great exhibits and an actual head. Most of the tours do a photo shoot of the head and then head on out but the little museum with an English speaking guide was a real gem of an experience. Well worth an hour.

Or see lots of heads (and other bits) during a nice day on the beach at Concon, just up from Vina.

Donde%20esta%20Waldo.JPG

Thanks for all the suggestions. We are going on a Feb cruise . So flying into Santiago and home from Buenos Aires. We also will go to Iguazu Falls after the fall . After much research I went with AA although they will be using a LAN operated plane from LAX to Santiago. I ended up booking the Iguazu Falls flight separately using an online travel site EX that combined the flight with 2 nights at the Sheraton for a much cheaper price than booking individually. I do want to caution everyone that the prices for some LAN flights doubled in price this week. We had to change our plans and take a flight that is no longer non stop from LAX otherwise the fare doubled from Thurs to Fri of this week. I went ahead and booked seats yesterday as I fear that fares may continue to go up in price.

Archived