Another Crusinmama and Girls Adventure Begins Today - RCI Enchantment 8/3

crusinmama06

I haven't even read the entire review yet. I just got to the picture of your youngest daughters injury. I immediately started tearing up (I should have taken your warning too heart). Now that I have my little guy (3 y/o boy) I am really sensitive to bad things happening to other people's babies.

She must have been very brave, because that just looks like a painful injury. (And good on you for making a bad situation somewhat into a game.)

Looking forward to meeting you all on the Nov. Epic cruise!

Awwww you are sooo sweet! She is fine now! We are in Pittsburgh this weekend or I would have finished the review. Right this second we are standing in line for Garfield's Nightmare at Kennywood Amusement Park. And she has totally healed :D

See - all better.

52F687BB-839E-48CD-9759-4197D95D503A-327-0000004FDE95B708.jpg

Day 6 - Last Day At Sea

We were a little slow to get moving this morning and we missed two of our favorite things - the "Cake Decorating Challenge" and the "Adventure Ocean Talent Show" - Ooops!

Well - next time!

For the afternoon AO session it was "Carnival Time" - so off my 8 year old went.

And my teen and I went to "Family Quest" at 2:00 pm. Now - I have played the ADULT Quest and I was a little nervous about what the "Family" version was going to be. The Spotlight Lounge was packed to standing room only just like the Adult Quest.

Basically - they play television theme songs and you have to know the television show. And they ask the kids to act them out. We just happened to team up with the right mix of people and between us - we knew all of the TV shows. And the group was crazy enough to act them out.

And WE WON first place. And my daughter will never forgive me. This is her accepting our prizes. The first question they asked was "Who would you like to thank?" and she said "I would like to kill my mom for making me come up here all of these times!"

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f144/cruisinmama08/60b79a2e.mp4

Well at least we won - nothing that a little therapy won cure ;) lol

And I did not MAKE her run to the front of the pack and start doing air guitar - that was all her!

7922fc86.jpg

Sad thing to see when we come back to our cabin - it means that our cruise is almost over :(

418f5356.jpg

My shy and quiet teen (HA!) heads off to Teen Bingo at 3:00 pm and wins a RCI silver water bottle. (that program has some awesome prizes) At 4:00 pm they have their final game of crazy tag.

We get ready for dinner and said goodbye to our door magnets who travel with us on each cruise (they will be packed when I get back)

00972e40.jpg

Final dinner -

Chips and guacamole are served as soon as we arrive (Ahhhh we love RCI - they just get it - it's the little things that matter)

a5383287.jpg

Happily coloring

b9a54aab.jpg

Teen Program for Tonight:

Farewell Dinner - Windjammer 8:00 pm

Picture Time - Bring a Camera 9:00 pm

Slide show of the Seas - 10:30pm

Farewell Party - Fuel - 10:45 pm

Adventure Ocean Tonight

Rock N Roll

Going on in the Atrium - 70's Party

f1727888.jpg

Day 7 - Back in Baltimore

7d584d94.jpg

We awake to a familiar view outside our window - we are back in Baltimore. This has to be the saddest day ever for us. After every great cruise (yes there were some bumps and bruises - but we had so much fun together) - debarkation day is so depressing.

We chose Self-Assist debarkation this time. And I have to say - we will never do anything else again. It was so easy!

We kept our bags with us instead of putting them in the hallway the night before. We didn't have to worry about packing something we would need. We didn't have to go wait in some lounge for our number to be called. We simply woke up early (as we would have anyway). And waited for the ship to be cleared. And then we simply walked off the ship on Deck 4.

And right before we walked off we ran into Bedhead Brett from Adventure Ocean. If someone happens to ever run into him again, tell him we said HI.

Thanks for your calmness in an emergency situation Brett!

e7be3e62.jpg

And then we were on our way home - suffering from a major case of PCD (Post Cruise Depression). We had a wonderful time and we are looking forward to our next Adventure! Let's hope it's a little less black and blue ;)

d960bfc7.jpg

Loved your review, Michele! I am glad that Gabby is doing better and that you and the girls had a wonderful cruise :)

Thanks Chrystine :)

You will be on our next cruise! It will be great to finally meet you after all of these years on the forum together!

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed your review!

I was on photobucket to see the Adventure Ocean schedules and I could not find ones for the Allure.

We will be sailing with our granddaughters and was very interested in the Voyagers program for the 9 year old. Trying to get her interested.

Do you know if there are schedules available for Allure?

I have noted so many of your tips, I'm filling a book!

Thanks

I really enjoyed your review!

I was on photobucket to see the Adventure Ocean schedules and I could not find ones for the Allure.

We will be sailing with our granddaughters and was very interested in the Voyagers program for the 9 year old. Trying to get her interested.

Do you know if there are schedules available for Allure?

I have noted so many of your tips, I'm filling a book!

Thanks

I do not have Allure because I, unfortunately, have not made it on Allure yet, but Beyond Ships does have them - the links to the compasses are right in the middle of the AO picture tour

http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-ALOS-Tour-3c.html

Have a great cruise!

Michelle you are so awesome. Thank you for all the information and support over the last 4 years of me cruising with my family.

You are VERY welcome! And very sweet! I am happy to help :D

Thanks rebecca - yes, everyone is fine. And the incident happened on Night of Day 2. So I am coming up to the details now. But yes, she is still healing. And it was my youngest. Of course.

And thank you Shorbr - more reviews to come.

Day 2 - Out to Sea

Had breakfast in the Windjammer. They have a Purel station at each door and a crew member reminding everyone to "sanitize". They do need a catchy phrase like NCL though "Washy, Washy, Happy, Happy, Smilie, Smilie" -- yep, missed that phrase. lol

Today at 10:00 for the teen club there was a ship tour to scope out all of the "teen hangouts" (that's easy, they are all hanging out outside the door to the Solarium - tee hee). Then on to the ping pong tourney.

By 2:00 pm. the first scavenger hunt of the week was on for the Teen Club - the "Art Scavenger Hunt" -- the hunts are not supervised -- and the kids head off alone, not in a group. The prize was a Fuel bag -- so my 12 year old was impressed.

Something I was a little concerned with and if anyone knows how it REALLY WORKS let me know -- but the game was called "Assasins" -- they took pictures of everyone in the club on Night 1 -- then if you signed up for Assasins on Day 2 you had to "Drown The Target" (splash water on them), "Poison The Target" (put salt/pepper in their food or drink) or Stab The Target (Mark them with the Pen). Um, I didn't want my daughter to be a target. So we opted out of Assasins.

While the teen was in the club, the 8 year old and I got in some quality pool time.

P8040150.jpg

P8040140.jpg

We came back to some chocolate covered strawberries. I'd like to tell you how they tasted, but I wouldn't know! Some little child ate them! If you figure out which child it was - please let me know ;)

P8040139.jpg

And it's time for Formal Night - take note of this picture because it will be the last non-injury picture you will see for the rest of this review. Well, at least she made it through the first formal night.

MoGabFormal.jpg

Assassians is a well known game here but it does sound like they took some liberties with the rules.

If those had been in our room "Mr Nobody" would have eaten them because he always does stuff. I am hoping that he stays home for our upcoming trip.

Glad your baby is ok!

Archived