How late can you debarked Jade in Civitavecchia?

MelodyBL

We will be on the Jade in Nov. The Itin shows the ship arriving in Civitavecchia at 5AM. We are staying in Rome for a couple of days so we don't need to make one of the 11am flights. What is the latest you can get off the ship? Checkin isn't until afternoon.

Why wouldn't you be in a hurry to get to Rome? How are you going to get to Rome unless you take the ship's very expensive shuttle? We took a private car from Rome to the ship, and that was costly, but the ship beat that. Problem with the trains is a) hoofing your luggage all the way through the port quite a good ways to the station and b.) the constant, surprise strikes by the trains. We got caught by that twice in two weeks! The ship's shuttle only leaves once.

We will be on the Jade in Nov. The Itin shows the ship arriving in Civitavecchia at 5AM. We are staying in Rome for a couple of days so we don't need to make one of the 11am flights. What is the latest you can get off the ship? Checkin isn't until afternoon.

LOL! Since I'm in your group going into Rome, I'm interested in the answer.

But, do know hotels in Europe will check you into the room if one is ready. Otherwise, they'll hold your luggage in a room until one is available, so you can go out and sight see right away. So many people come into Europe on flights from US before noon - they're used to it. Whatever your group's needs is fine with us - Rome is a been there done that with us.

LOL! Since I'm in your group going into Rome, I'm interested in the answer.

But, do know hotels in Europe will check you into the room if one is ready. Otherwise, they'll hold your luggage in a room until one is available, so you can go out and sight see right away. So many people come into Europe on flights from US before noon - they're used to it. Whatever your group's needs is fine with us - Rome is a been there done that with us.

Buggins.

Remember the place I'm staying isn't really a hotel. :D

Question wasn't for the car/group going to the city and so it really isn't me/us the question was for: it is was more for the 2nd group I've organized, going to the airport, who don't want to have to get up any earlier than necessary because their flights are late afternoon. They certainly don't want to hang around the airport from 7am untl their flights at 5:30pm!

Anyway, it helps that I can tell the Limo service to pick them up at 9:30am and they can enjoy breakfast and a cup of coffee watching all the craziness of claiming luggage and piling into bus after bus.

• 1 month later...
...and Immigration / Customs will want everyone get through the process.

I've been on 2 med cruises that disembarked in Civitavecchia, didn't see any immigration/customs, just walked off, got our luggage, got a taxi to train station, no problems.

Archived