Isn't Anyone Else Upset

geekguy1

This isn't a new policy but rather an old one that TA's have been finding lopholes around. Since the mid 90's CCL has, had a policy that TA's could not offer their cruises for less then the lowest Ad. price. TA's espicaly the larger companies. Ie: Liberty, AAA, have been offering extra tours at no charge or rebates in order give a lower cruise rate. CCL thought is that it cretes an unfair advantage to large travel compines, over ther more traditional small local mom and Pop TAs who can't afforad to give these rebates.

With all due respect, I must ask a question. Why do you give a rat's behind what Carnival's policy is?!?:eek: You have cruised Carnival only once....12 YEARS ago in 2000! Since then you have cruise many times.:D

Your cruise history shows one Carnival cruise in 2000? Why would anyone care if you don't cruise CCL's anymore?

Although this sounds like a reasonable question, I think you're both missing the real point. Even if I cruised 3,4 or more times a year on Carnival for the past 12 years or longer, Carnival would still not care what I did in the future. Why should they? Even at that level of cruising (and recommending them to others, as I previously did), I still generate too small an amount in their bottom line for them to care; what matters is volume.

And that's why I started this post. First, unless enough cruisers agree with me and let Carnival know their feelings, Carnival will be able to keep this new policy intact, and all Carnival cruisers will pay more going forward. For those that apparently don't mind paying more for your cruises, I guess I have nothing to say to you, but heads up to those who wish to keep costs low.

More to the point for me, it means Carnival can, and thus will, extend this policy to their other cruise lines, and that would directly affect me: most of my cruises are on their Princess line.

And, of course, once it works for Carnival, all the other cruise lines will do the same, and I go back to mostly land tours instead of mostly alternating them with cruises.

And, Thank You SNJCruisers for your seeing my point; I'm surprised at how many people didn't.

The new policy being implemented by Carnival will eliminate the discounting and thus the consumer will no longer even get 25 bucks pp in OBC as a thank you. It sucks.

This isn't a new policy but rather an old one that TA's have been finding lopholes around. .

Exactly, Carnival keeps trying and saying .. OK this time is it.. no more discounting ... they tried this last year too didnt they?? Some TAs said ok, I wouldnt discount any more .. and some kept right on.

Why do any of you think .. ok this time they mean it. I think TAs will still keep on doing it if they want to, those who were so so and on the fence can use this as a excuse not to continue doing it.

To me its the boy who called WOLF too many times. I know there are TAs who will keep right on finding ways around the policy.. same as before.

Archived