Adults only pool

pretty1111

Maybe if the parents don't remove the kiddos from the adults only pools/spas, then we should move the funnel deck/topless deck to them. If they don't have to keep their kids out of the adult areas then I don't have to keep the adults area away from the kids. That would clear 'em out!! ;)

hahaha... i love it!

oh and chris... well said concerning the relationship of various types of produce with each other... apples, oranges and all of that... :)

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

There is nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy a little time away from children. They have the other pools to swim and play in. Does anyone know if the Legend is enforcing this rule?

The Legend should be setup the same way as the Miracle, and if so, the Adults Only pool would be Lido Deck AFT... there is a bar back there, and lovely :D

As a mother of 2 boys, I have to agree with the majority here. Just too bad some parents feel they are above the law if they let their kids in places it's clearly marked for adults only. Hope the Conquest has an adults only pool and hot tub (besides the hot tub in the spa area). I am taking a vacation away from my children and if I want to relax in the pool without kids jumping in and splashing and carrying on, then I should be able too. Does anyone know if the Conquest has an adults only pool??

Last trip on the Legend we saw security more at the adult pool than anywhere else. Not only were they policing the kids, but also the smoking section. We sat down at a table with an ashtray that was about in the middle by the bar. We were quickly informed by security that we were in the non smoking section.:rolleyes: Wouldn't have minded if we had put the ashtray there in the first place! Oh well, we moved...

You know the only thing I don't like about the Adults only pools is that it seems like they're always the ones that are indoors which sucks.

To be honest the kids don't bother me (especially considering I'm 24 and wasn't one too long ago) provided their parents are looking after them. I can understand if you wanna cut lose and have fun but time and place, right?

I love the outdoor pools - the main pool near the bar (on Conquest at least and I hear Victory is laid out identically which is nice) - personally and the kids are always interesting.

I agree though, if they say it's one thing they should keep it as such :) I guess on a cruise I'm just so happy to be in the sun and on vacation that I don't care, LOL.

It's a good concern though and nice to see others thoughts :)

It is beyond rude and inexcuseable to to force your children on adults in an adults only area. I love to travel with my children, they are wonderful and entertaining and precious, however they will never be as wonderful, entertaining or precious to anyone else in the world as they are to their father and I (OK the grandparents dote). Other people will not be so amused and that is fine. Little Johnny is not well behaved enough, special enough, different enough or better than any other child and should have special access to an adults only area. If your cruise ship employess are not smart enough to enforce this rule go up and make someone do it!

I am disgusted by parents who think that their child can do no wrong in other adults eyes because they happen to think their kid is somehow "gifted enough" to be in areas they should not be because there is a sign that says they should not. Am I taking Frick and Frack on a cruise? You betcha. Will I try to put them in adults only areas or bars? No. Again they are great kids but not as great to you as they are to me. Leave the adult areas to adults.

I still don't recall ever seeing an adults-only pool on any of the Carnival ships we've been on, only designated hot tubs. The aft pool on the Glory (back near the pizzeria) always had kids in it last year.

I also can't understand why ANYONE -- parents ESPECIALLY -- would have have a difficult time understanding why adults wouldn't want KIDS in an area that is clearly marked adults only! They can try to justify it till they are blue in the face, but if it is clearly marked that children are not allowed, that should be the end of the story. And even if I DO bring alcohol on the ship, my kids will STILL not be in an adults-only area! :D (Well, my older son will be; he's almost 21 now.) ;)

It is beyond rude and inexcuseable to to force your children on adults in an adults only area. I love to travel with my children, they are wonderful and entertaining and precious, however they will never be as wonderful, entertaining or precious to anyone else in the world as they are to their father and I (OK the grandparents dote). Other people will not be so amused and that is fine. Little Johnny is not well behaved enough, special enough, different enough or better than any other child and should have special access to an adults only area. If your cruise ship employess are not smart enough to enforce this rule go up and make someone do it!

I am disgusted by parents who think that their child can do no wrong in other adults eyes because they happen to think their kid is somehow "gifted enough" to be in areas they should not be because there is a sign that says they should not. Am I taking Frick and Frack on a cruise? You betcha. Will I try to put them in adults only areas or bars? No. Again they are great kids but not as great to you as they are to me. Leave the adult areas to adults.

As an adult who appreciates and utilizes the adults only areas of the ships I cruise, let me say a big THANK YOU for your attitude! It is the parents responsibility first to supervise their children, however, if for whatever reason they choose not to, the cruise line absolutely should.

There are very few areas we as adults have all to ourselves. It is not too much to ask that these areas are respected.

I wonder if all the people that love trot out the "RULEBOOK" and insist it be strictly be enforced for things like kid in pools and saving of deck chairs would feel if Carnival strictly enforced the "No Outside Alcohol Rule":D ?

There be more whining than the time everyone's post count got set to zero during the message board upgrade (and that's alot of whining).

And please don't bother with the "carnival still makes money off of me" arguement. If you are so adamant about rules being enforced then you should insist that ALL rules be enforced. You are not allowed to pick and choose which rules are to be enforced. To do so would be the ultimate act of hypocrisy.

Pat

Running Dad

Here's the difference:

People Smuggling In Booze does not affect my enjoyment of the cruise.

Kids Misbehaving In The Pool ABSOLUTELY DOES!

Unfortunately, there are probably a lot of kids who wouldn't be a problem in the pool. But because there are a few rotten apples, there is an Adults Only Pool. I'm sure nobody would raise a stink if there was a well-behaved child in there with their parent. But you let one in, you have to let them all in. And there belies your dilemma.

I could tell you a story about being kicked in the head by some kid who was on a mission to be the Brattiest Kid On A Cruise Ever ... but I'm sure everyone can come up with a few of them.

This pic was taken on our Miracle cruise in Feb. I snapped this about 2 seconds before security came and booted the kid... notice the PARENT was standing right in front of the ADULTS ONLY SIGN!!!!!!!!!!! This parent raised such a fuss when security came over... made a huge deal and made a fool of himself in front of his child... ridiculous!!!

Miracle-1.jpg

This pic was taken on our Miracle cruise in Feb. I snapped this about 2 seconds before security came and booted the kid... notice the PARENT was standing right in front of the ADULTS ONLY SIGN!!!!!!!!!!! This parent raised such a fuss when security came over... made a huge deal and made a fool of himself in front of his child... ridiculous!!!

Hey, I think that's Running_Dad standing there with his kid! :D

Hey, I think that's Running_Dad standing there with his kid! :D

Ha!

That made me choke on my ginger ale!!! lmao...

I agree with the majority. I don't have any children but I do have younger siblings, and as an older sister there are definitely times when I need to be away from them :eek: and being over 21, I would much rather utilize a space for adults rather than have to deal with someone's over-zealous children, I get enough of that at home when my little darlings come to visit for the weekend, lol. Glad I can give them back when the weekend is over ;)

The biggest thing here is I would say that it's almose suprising parents would have kids in an adults only area because they wouldn't want them around the drinking but that's all over the ship so that would be a weak argument :)

And that picture is pretty funny.

Does anyone know if the security makes sure only adults are in the Legend adult pool area? Also can you hear the band from that pool?

I was on the Legend at the end of March/beginning of April - the height of Spring Break season...and had no issues with kids in the Adults Only pool. :) The first and second day, many kids were told to leave...after than, no one had to say anything because they all stayed where they should be.

Couldn't hear the band at all though... :(

They had music playing over the loudspeakers. Which is better than nothin!

Does anyone know if the security makes sure only adults are in the Legend adult pool area? Also can you hear the band from that pool?

I was on the LEGEND out of NYC last Fall and can confirm no kids were in the aft pool.

Was also on the PRIDE a year ago and didn't see any kids in the aft pool.

Will be on the PRIDE again in 2 weeks and will expect that no children will be using the aft pool. Being from Southern California with 3 real pools in my complex, I can't get interested in a postage-stamp-sized pool that cruise ships provide anyway, but appreciate that this keeps the little rascals out of this excellent bar/pool/jacuzzi area on the Spirit-class ships. Without a doubt my favorite area on these ships.

The Father of 4 boys, there is very little any kid could do on any cruise ship that would get my ire, anyway. :rolleyes: That "ice-cold" stare I've perfected easily melts the brains of most errant children and sends them running to their parents in utter confusion and terror. :D

OKAY just like the chair hogging thing I say get a security guard envolved.... and if you don't see a change then pick up one of the many phones on deck and call the front desk about it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again!

Remember YOU paid for this cruise and it is YOUR right to enjoy it!!!!!

I have seen many times over when someone was trying to be nice and point things out even nicely to a parent it erupted in a shouting match or even a fist fight.

I can honestly say EVERY cruise I have said at least ONCE, OMG what a horrible role model for their child, about someone!

I wonder if all the people that love trot out the "RULEBOOK" and insist it be strictly be enforced for things like kid in pools and saving of deck chairs would feel if Carnival strictly enforced the "No Outside Alcohol Rule":D ?

There be more whining than the time everyone's post count got set to zero during the message board upgrade (and that's alot of whining).

And please don't bother with the "carnival still makes money off of me" arguement. If you are so adamant about rules being enforced then you should insist that ALL rules be enforced. You are not allowed to pick and choose which rules are to be enforced. To do so would be the ultimate act of hypocrisy.

Pat

Running Dad

Pat I completely agree with you on this subject. If you are going to complain about one rule not being enforced then complain about any rule that is not being enforced. Pat you are right when yo say this is hypocrisy. I am not a parent before anyone accuses me of being a parent that would allow his children in the adults only pool, but if i was one i would not allow them to because they don't belong in there. At the same rate you will not see me smuggling booze on the ship or knowingly break any of the other rules on the ship. I find that it was very rude of everyone to mock Running Dad for his opinion. If you have an opinion voice it but not at the expense of someone else.

glrounds - glad to hear the Pride is pretty good with adults only. maybe i'll be seeing you there in a little less than 2 weeks!

i just hate it when one of the little demons runs by me sopping wet and gets the pages of my book soaked!

I also hate the inappropriate behavior of some adults in the pool and hot tubs. On our last cruise DH and I were relaxing in a hot tub with 2 other couples. Another couple entered the hot tub and the girl proceeded to give her partner a lap dance. We tried to ignore them, finally asking them to take it to their room - they just laughed and continued their behavior. We got out of the tub and I called security to complain - I was told that there was nothing they could do about it as long as they were clothed.

My DH and I are not prudes, but there is a time and place for this type of behavior.

Pat I completely agree with you on this subject. If you are going to complain about one rule not being enforced then complain about any rule that is not being enforced. Pat you are right when yo say this is hypocrisy. I am not a parent before anyone accuses me of being a parent that would allow his children in the adults only pool, but if i was one i would not allow them to because they don't belong in there. At the same rate you will not see me smuggling booze on the ship or knowingly break any of the other rules on the ship. I find that it was very rude of everyone to mock Running Dad for his opinion. If you have an opinion voice it but not at the expense of someone else.

Not everyone "mocked" him for his opinion, I know I didn't. I simply stated that they are two different situations... Someone smuggling booze on is NOT interfering with ME enjoying MY vacation. Someone allowing junior to be in an ADULTS ONLY area IS! There are places for adults, and places for kids... many adults choose to cruise BECAUSE there are places they can get away from the children... so yes, having kids in Adults Only areas affects others and should not be tolerated. When a thread opens up about Alcohol smuggling, or whatever else, go ahead and voice your opinion about it... this thread is about children and adults only pools, not about rules in general... Two completely different topics....

NONE of the pools are marked "adults only." At least, not on the Pride.

However the forward pool was always quiet and filled with adults (and the occassional child) on our sailing. The midship pool, where the music is, was a combination of adults and children as well as the aft "children's pool."

I think if Carnival wants to designate certain areas as adult only...they need to post it that way and then ENFORCE it. From what I saw last week, Carnival has several "rules" they don't enforce. (Just like the no swim diaper rule)

Although we chose to follow the rules, they can't expect everyone to. Especially, if they do nothing about it when rules are broken.

Archived