Excursion port closing for renovations this month?

2Okies

SOMEWHERE, on one of these forums about Grand Cayman, I read (on August 2) in a newspaper link that someone attached that the port that the excursion port operators use was going to be renovated, and they all had been told to vacate their equipment, signs, boats, etc by the middle of this month, or they would become the property of the owner.

So, the discussion was exactly WHERE these excursion operators would move to, etc. Some commented that renovations had been promised for a long time, but now they seemed to be serious, and were demanding the operators move their equipment. The operators were saying they had no where else to go, and most of them had agreements to be on the premises, so it sounded like it was going to be a big argument.

Now, I cannot find that post. Did anyone else read this, and where is it? I've googled it, and can't find it.

I know I didn't make it up!

It sounds like it could effect those of us who have excursions planned with some of these companies for snorkel trips, etc.

Please someone - let me know I didn't dream this! :o

The initial news article in the Caymanian Compass is here.

And the follow up news article here.

This is a site for docking boats used by many of the Stingray City tour operators. It is not related to the actual tender piers.

THANK YOU! I knew I read it somewhere, and wasn't imagining it!

I hope they get it worked out to everyone's satisfaction. It sounds like there was a big lack of communication on the part of the developer and the government.

If your tour operator is effected and forced to leave, they will work to quickly find another dock to leave from. These tours are their livelihood. I'm sure if there's a change that you need to know about they'll tell you.

Archived