10th Cruise Platinum question

sunny227

My daughter just returned from her 9th cruise yesterday. She and I are going on another cruise in September (26 days). It will be her 10th cruise.

When I looked at our boarding pass online it does not show her as Platinum. Her cruise history shows her most recent cruise so I'm not sure what is going on.

Anyone else experienced this?

I understand becoming Platinum isn't a big deal, but if she is I want it to reflect such on her boarding pass.

It will take a few days for that 9th cruise to update on your my account and history on carnival.com. Give it a little time, once you see it in cruise she should be set.

Could take a week or so to post on cruise history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

It may because of Carnival's new VIFP program. Platinum (or any other) status is no longer based on number of cruises, but on number of cruise days. Platinum status requires 75-199 cruise days. So if her 9 cruises add up to fewer than 75 days she is not platinum, but is gold.

Check out: http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/howitworks.aspx

It may because of Carnival's new VIFP program. Platinum (or any other) status is no longer based on number of cruises, but on number of cruise days. Platinum status requires 75-199 cruise days. So if her 9 cruises add up to fewer than 75 days she is not platinum, but is gold.

Check out: http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/howitworks.aspx

She is grandfathered in and would be Platinum. Believe it's until Jan 2013 you have to get 10 or more cruises.

maybe give carnival a call? it could be that the computer system is set up to go strictly off days sailed, and, while there are exceptions such as those being grandfathered in, the system might not be able to account for it. it could take a manual change on the part of customer service to make that happen.

She is grandfathered in and would be Platinum. Believe it's until Jan 2013 you have to get 10 or more cruises.

Anyone has until 12-31-13 to get 10 cruises in to be grandfathered in to Platinum status under the old program even without having the 75 days. They will still base that on # of cruises until the end of next year. After that, it will be soley based on # of cruise days.

I became platinum on the 2nd week of my B2B in July. Guest services explained it to me that you are not platinum until you actually step onto the ship for your 10th cruise. Have read others say their cruise documents said platinum before they boarded that is why I called and ask. I enjoyed the free laundry service and other perks. The platinum guest services line is awesome, they took very good care in getting my S&S card changed to platinum. But at first the girl was confused when I told her I was grandfathered, she had to go ask a supervisor and sure enough came back and changed her attitude and my S&S card.

In April I took my 10th cruise. When I printed out my boarding pass and luggage tags prior to sailing they both said VIP. I did not have to wait until I stepped on the ship of my 10th to be platinum. Check to see if the boarding pass says VIP up in the corner.

In April I took my 10th cruise. When I printed out my boarding pass and luggage tags prior to sailing they both said VIP. I did not have to wait until I stepped on the ship of my 10th to be platinum. Check to see if the boarding pass says VIP up in the corner.

Thanks that's what I thought.

And, thank you to everyone else for their responses. I know she is grandfathered in to the "platinum" so although her sea days aren't quite where they need to be it shouldn't matter.

I just assumed that since her 9th cruise was credited already online in viewing her cruise history, that it would reflect platinum.

I will give it a few days. :)

Archived