Where did the magic end up going

CENTEX CRUISER

Just curious. Yesterday Carnival gave two options for the Magic 8/05/12 sailing , to be decided today..Today. they make no mention of the Magic's changed itinerary due to Ernesto.. We have friends onboard. Does anyone have a clue where the ship is sailing ? Vesselfinder is only showing Sunday, so no help there.:confused:

There's a story in the news section of Cruise Critic this afternoon that says that the Carnival Magic is sticking with the original itinerary, because Ernesto is staying further south than they originally predicted.

Does anyone know what the original itinerary was? I thought it was Isla Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel... in that order... but maybe I'm wrong about that. I just can't imagine the ship would be headed to Isla Roatan right now, as the tropical storm is 400 miles from Roatan right now, and heading directly for it. And the National Hurricane Center is now saying that by tomorrow, Tropical Storm Ernesto might be hurrican Ernesto.

Carnival is not stupid... so if the hurricane is headed for Isla Roatan and the Carnival Magic is sticking with the original itinerary... I have to assume that the original itinerary doesn't include Isla Roatan in the next day or two.

Update, 12:32 am ET: Carnival has announced that the Carnival Freedom is returning to its originally scheduled itinerary today with a visit to Grand Cayman. The ship will visit Ocho Rios as scheduled on Thursday. Also returning to its originally scheduled itinerary is the Carnival Magic.

Pretty sure it was Montego, Cayman, and Cozumel

There's a story in the news section of Cruise Critic this afternoon that says that the Carnival Magic is sticking with the original itinerary, because Ernesto is staying further south than they originally predicted.

Does anyone know what the original itinerary was? I thought it was Isla Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel... in that order... but maybe I'm wrong about that. I just can't imagine the ship would be headed to Isla Roatan right now, as the tropical storm is 400 miles from Roatan right now, and heading directly for it. And the National Hurricane Center is now saying that by tomorrow, Tropical Storm Ernesto might be hurrican Ernesto.

Carnival is not stupid... so if the hurricane is headed for Isla Roatan and the Carnival Magic is sticking with the original itinerary... I have to assume that the original itinerary doesn't include Isla Roatan in the next day or two.

Carnival is not stupid...

Carnival may not be stupid, but I CAN'T possibly imagine the passengers and crew are comfortable right now:

www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=3ETA8

====

Carnival Magic

Last reported at 2012-Aug-07 20:00 UTC. Time now 2012-Aug-08 01:44 UTC.

Position N 19°42' W 081°54'.

Wind from 110 at 36 knots (41.5 mph)

Waves 3.5 meters (11 feet), 10 second period

=====

11' seas, wind @ 36 knots (41.5 mph) from east/southeast (110) - ship heading directly into the wind @ 20 kts (23 mph). Apparent wind is approx 65 mph!!! Forget going out on the balcony (or the deck). It's like a dog putting their head out the window in a car. And the 11' seas? I know the ship has stabilizers and 11' seas are nothing to a 1000' ship -- but can this be comfortable?

Anyone on the Magic right now reading this - I hope you are safe and comfortable. Tomorrow looks like it will be a beautiful day in Jamaica!! Good luck tonight and have fun tomorrow!!!

Here's the Carnival webcam feed -- bigger images!

http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com/ships/view-ship/id/25

The Lido cam was covered with water (rain?) earlier... and the whitecaps were totally visible on the forward cam before sunset.

The pool appears to have been closed all day. And chairs were removed before dinner.

Hope everyone is comfortable!

Archived