caribbean princess

felix9

Last year we did Caribbean Princess and it's a nice ship for kids. The kids program is definitely good for the younger ones but I am not sure about the teen center.

However, the ship is really pretty and they have great pools and hot tubs and Movies Under the Stars. My son really likes these aspects of the ship. He loved the "secret hot tubs" on deck 17 aft. They are huge. No one finds them right away- so head there on day one and you'll have them to yourselves.

I think you'll have a great cruise if it is over Christmas because there will be plenty of kids for them to hang out with outside of the youth program.

Entertainment onboard was some of the best we've had on a ship. There were two comedians and a magician. The magician met with the kids and showed them tricks.

You'll have fun don't worry.

Thanks for taking the time to relpy.

Yes, I am stressing(bad habit):(. Wanting it to be perfect(well not quite) but great fun for all of us. HAd to cancel X cruise due to costs so chose Princess and it will be our first time on this line.

Rationally i know it will be ok as its a holiday cruise but thanks for your post and putting my mind at ease:)

Last year we did Caribbean Princess and it's a nice ship for kids. The kids program is definitely good for the younger ones but I am not sure about the teen center.

However, the ship is really pretty and they have great pools and hot tubs and Movies Under the Stars. My son really likes these aspects of the ship. He loved the "secret hot tubs" on deck 17 aft. They are huge. No one finds them right away- so head there on day one and you'll have them to yourselves.

I think you'll have a great cruise if it is over Christmas because there will be plenty of kids for them to hang out with outside of the youth program.

Entertainment onboard was probably the best we've had on a ship. There were two comedians and a magician. The magician met with the kids and showed them tricks.

You'll have fun don't worry.

We've been on the Caribbean Princess twice and sister ships 6 times. We've cruised on all the major lines. While Princess does not have many of the new things(water slides, rope course, trampoline, etc.) that really attract children, they have a fabulous kid's club. Our girls have a great time on every cruise. CB(Caribbean Princess) has a very high level of service, excellent food and very good entertainment. We especially like watching MUTS as a family in the evenings. I'm sure you will have a great time!

Thanks for that, I look forward to the MUTS- sounds fun. The water slides have been on our prev RCL cruises but we never seem to use them! Now my son is a teen, i guess he just likes to hang around other teens and play games.

Thanks for the comments..

If your son likes to "hang with teens" he will be fine on Princess. Our DD always enjoys herself on Princess. She has had the best success going to the teen area on the first night. This is when she has had the easiest time meeting other teens. No one knows each other, and the staff does a great time with "ice breaker" activities. After the first night, there are activities planned, but most of the time they "hang out". I believe it was CB has a hot tub directly outside of the teen area that is just for them.

When our children were around your children's ages we took a sister ship three years in a row of the Caribbean Princess.

I highly recommend ship and cruise line.

After Disney I truly believe that Princess has the best kids programs and think the ship is great for them. Yes, it doesn't have some of the features of the newer RCI ships but overall lots to do and great programs too.

Keith

Archived