Past Guest Party LAME

c&d

Out of curiousity we went to the Gold, Plantinum, Diamond past guest party. What a waste of time that was. Only 1 type of drink offered, appetizers were some type of pizza, what looked like saurkraut balls we did not try them. My sister wanted a coke but all she got was a non alcholic foo food drink.

They showed the video on how Carnival got started. Next came a promo video for the new VIFP program. Next was the video of all the ships new and old.

Then the CD spoke and introduced the Captain and his Senior officers. CD told us they would have a Q&A with Captain and we could ask questions. No one asked any questions it was awkward then a few passengers spoke up. The CD limited the Q&A to 5 questions.

We were asked who had the most cruises. One couple had 24, they had their picture taken with the captain.

This is all Carnival can offer to loyal passengers. I have attended many past guest party over the years and have watched the quality of the event go down the tubes. I remember when they gave away a free cruise, then it was downgraded to dinner at the steak house, then you were in a drawing for cruise at the end of the month. Now you get your picture taken with Senior Officers.

I may be a stock holder, but the bean counters need to take a 2nd look at all the cutbacks they have made and the ones they plan to make. The dividend may be decent, the obc is a nice perk but there is nothing exciting to draw us back.

I may be a stock holder, but the bean counters need to take a 2nd look at all the cutbacks they have made and the ones they plan to make. The dividend may be decent, the obc is a nice perk but there is nothing exciting to draw us back.

Especially since you can get the same OBC on any Carnival branded line.

Out of curiousity we went to the Gold, Plantinum, Diamond past guest party. What a waste of time that was. Only 1 type of drink offered, appetizers were some type of pizza, what looked like saurkraut balls we did not try them. My sister wanted a coke but all she got was a non alcholic foo food drink.

They showed the video on how Carnival got started. Next came a promo video for the new VIFP program. Next was the video of all the ships new and old.

Then the CD spoke and introduced the Captain and his Senior officers. CD told us they would have a Q&A with Captain and we could ask questions. No one asked any questions it was awkward then a few passengers spoke up. The CD limited the Q&A to 5 questions.

We were asked who had the most cruises. One couple had 24, they had their picture taken with the captain.

This is all Carnival can offer to loyal passengers. I have attended many past guest party over the years and have watched the quality of the event go down the tubes. I remember when they gave away a free cruise, then it was downgraded to dinner at the steak house, then you were in a drawing for cruise at the end of the month. Now you get your picture taken with Senior Officers.

appetizers were some type of pizza, what looked like saurkraut balls.Yum lol

I love cabbage(and sauerkraut) maybe the cabbage balls may have been good :)

People!

Get a grip! It's CARNIVAL!! Not Seabourn, not Silversea, not Crystal!

I'm actually surprised that a budget cruise line like Carnival even offers a Past Guest Party!

:rolleyes:

People!

I'm actually surprised that a budget cruise line like Carnival even offers a Past Guest Party!

They'll probably have people buying there way into the party next. :cool:

sorry for making fun .I am a cabbage lover :)

http://cleveland.about.com/od/favoriteneohiorecipes/r/sauerkrautballs.htm

It seems that very little would make some people happy. It's a free party with free drinks. Enjoy it for what it's worth and move on. So many people on here do nothing but complain, it is pitiful that THIS is all they have to do with their lives.

It seems that very little would make some people happy. It's a free party with free drinks. Enjoy it for what it's worth and move on. So many people on here do nothing but complain, it is pitiful that THIS is all they have to do with their lives.

I rarely complain about a cruise. But than again I have only cruised 22 times with Carnival so I may not be a well versed cruiser.

4 of the 5 questions asked of the Captain or his Officers, were directed at Marketing Department.

The replies to passengers from the Officers was it was a decission made by marketing department.

Which was actually the reason I started this thread. The bean counters are looking to post the company profits.

Now that I think about it hey these cut backs are good for me, means more money for shareholders.

They'll probably have people buying there way into the party next. :cool:

BRILLIANT ! ! !

But I wont have to...42 Carnivals....6 booked til Jan, '13.... just til I make my 50th..then I"m "jumping (Carnival) SHIP

time to catch up with my other 25 sailed brand "X" cruises....such a dirty job !!!

People!

right?

who spends all that money just to revel in a picture, that only they cam enjoy?

Archived