cruise terminal to NY

igmurray

we are planning on staying on a few days after our cruise can anyone tell me the best way to get to times square area from the port in New Jersey when we get off the ship is it better by taxi, bus or train and the approx cost

Thanks in advance

i did email a company but they wanted $55 per hour with minimum of 4 hours

What company? There are numerous legitimate car services that will take you for $50 to $60 plus toils and tip.

The type of pricing you're talking about is what you might be quoted if you wanted to hire a car for a tour, not for simple point to point transportation. My answer assumed that you merely needed transportation from the port to a hotel in the Times Square area. If my assumption is incorrect then you need to explain exactly what you're looking for.

Try these companies:

Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com

Carmel http://www.carmellimo.com

Yes it just transport to our hotel, not knowing the area i dont know the best method it was a company called trulimo that gave me that quote. I contacted both that companies but got no reply. my TA suggested that RCI can organise a taxi whilst on the ship,

Well, it looks like you're from Scotland and are cruising 2/24/2013. I know you're anxious to arrange all the details of your trip, but one reason you might not be getting responses is that it is just too soon to be booking a car service. Will you have a cell phone? This could be a potential problem because the car services will tell you to call them when you get though customs. They will be waiting in a "cell phone" area and will only pull up to the loading area when you are out there ready to go.

I'm sailing from Cape Liberty in a few weeks and I will try to find out from the taxi/shuttle/car service dispatcher how much the trip is and how available the cars are. I do know that when I sailed in Nov, I took public transit to Bayonne and called Bayonne Taxi from the rail station expecting to get a cab. Instead I got a very nice town car whose driver popped by to pick me up on his way to try to get a fare from Cape Liberty to the airport or wherever. I know there's lots of transportation in the area and a most of it is not prebooked months ahead.

You're arriving back on a Tuesday morning, so there's no point in rushing to get off the ship. The traffic into Manhattan won't start to clear until at least 9 am.

Yes it just transport to our hotel, not knowing the area i dont know the best method it was a company called trulimo that gave me that quote. I contacted both that companies but got no reply. my TA suggested that RCI can organise a taxi whilst on the ship,

trulimo tends to be somewhat high....which is annoying.....

it is a little early..but you should be able to get quotes from

http://www.dial7.com

or

http://www.carmellimo.com

the ship will not arrange transportation for you..unless you pay them...and they do not, AFAIK, offer transportation into NYC...

Trulimo appears to be a company that specializes in special event (such as weddings and proms) transportation, not day-to-day trips to and from airports and cruise ports. When you look at their web site they feature stretch limos, exotic cars, party buses, etc. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page listing their vehicles to find a picture of an ordinary sedan.

They're probably not a good choice for point to point transportation because that's not the type of business they're trying to attract based on their web presence.

Using a company such as Dial 7 or Carmel makes more sense...and reservations for their services don't have to be made months in advance. A week or two in advance is more than enough.

Archived