The Little Lost Westin Webcam

OKCruiseMan

Once upon a time, on the beautiful island of St. Martin, there came to be the fabulous Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa. Placed high atop the resort was a shiny new Webcam. The Webcam gazed out over the beautiful pool and poolside bar and the beach beyond. The cam could turn left, turn right, and zoom in on the beautiful scenery. Life was good.

i-5tBfSP2.jpg

However, things would not stay that way. Not long after the webcam was installed, the technical gods saw it fit to close its eyes. Then there was darkness. No views of the pool or the beach, no palm trees, no way to dream of being there. The webcam was not even listed on their website. This was a sad time. :(

Then the day came when the webcam was again aloud to see. Yes, there was light. The days and nights came and went, and the Webcam streamed what it could see to all that wanted to look. However, all was not as it had been. During the time of darkness, the one who set the password which controlled the Webcam was lost. Without these magical keys to the Lost Webcam it can only look down the side of the resort wall. All day and all night, nothing but the wall and the changes from night to day and back to night. Here is a high-speed video of a day in the life of the Lost Webcam.

i-f6Z9Rbz.jpg

Those at the Westin have tried hard to bring the Lost Webcam back to life. They have found its resting place high atop the Resort, and have sent pictures, but have no way to access without the magical keys.

i-tqk8kSz.png

After months of trying to help the Lost Webcam, I thought maybe my friends at Cruise Critic may be willing to help. I’m sure many of you would love to be able to see life on St. Martin through the eyes of the Lost Webcam. Please post your support below. If you know of someone that may be able to help our cause, please reach out to them, or let me know.

Here is a link to the current view from the Lost Westin Webcam.

Please Help.

That appears to be an Axis series camera. Having a model number would help, but to reset, typically you remove power, depress the Control button while re-applying power and for 15-20 seconds, until the status light flashes amber.

User will be root, Password will be pass.

gary

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived