Booking 2 cabins one family

tldmat

How do you go about booking 2 cabins for a family with minor children? Obliviously we the parents would like to be in one cabin and I know my children cannot book a cabin without an adult. Unsure how to proceed.

Thanks for your help

You book one adult with one child. When you get on board you go to the Purser's desk and ask for the adults to be put in one room and the kids in the other. They make you new cruise cards. I would also ask for an additional non charging room key so they have access to your room and you have access to their room. It's very easy and done all the time.

You book one adult with one child. When you get on board you go to the Purser's desk and ask for the adults to be put in one room and the kids in the other. They make you new cruise cards. I would also ask for an additional non charging room key so they have access to your room and you have access to their room. It's very easy and done all the time.

I knew there had to be a simple answer. Thanks

They refused to do this for us last month on the Ruby. They asked how old the oldest child. When I said 14, they said no. They said policy was that one child had to be at least 16 before allowing us to rearrange rooms.

Why not just book adjoining rooms? We did this on our last cruise a few weeks ago. We did all stay interior. . . . mom and dad in one room and a 14 and 10 year old beside us. We requested the connecting door be unlocked, which our attendant took care of for us. We kept it open most of the time, but just cracked. You could open it the whole way if you wanted. It was great! We had two bathrooms, two tvs and we all had beds to sleep in! The difference from 4 in one room to 2 separate rooms, connecting rooms. . . . .$88! :)

Why not just book adjoining rooms? We did this on our last cruise a few weeks ago. We did all stay interior. . . . mom and dad in one room and a 14 and 10 year old beside us. We requested the connecting door be unlocked, which our attendant took care of for us. We kept it open most of the time, but just cracked. You could open it the whole way if you wanted. It was great! We had two bathrooms, two tvs and we all had beds to sleep in! The difference from 4 in one room to 2 separate rooms, connecting rooms. . . . .$88! :)

What ship was this on? I didn't know that Princess had connecting rooms.

Oops, maybe they don't. It was another cruise line. (How embarrassing!) But it was definately worth it. That would be a bummer if Princess doesn't have connecting rooms and maybe they should consider it. We were hoping to cruise with them for our next trip. We've done one Princess cruise prior and have decided that out of three different cruise lines, they were our favorite.

Yes, Princess does have a handful of connecting cabins on some ships. However, I don't think any of these cabins are insides. They have a few balcony connecting cabins on Aloha, Baja and Caribe decks and a few oceanview connecting cabins on Emerald deck. It is marked on the deck plans with a swinging door symbol.

The Diamond and Sapphire have cabins with connecting doors, but I believe only balcony cabins. It appears that the new Royal will have some balcony and mini-suite cabins with connecting doors.
I checked and, as Princess Patches said, there are four sets of Oceanview cabins with connecting doors on Emerald deck.

Archived