Dolphins @ Chankanaab Cozumel & Turtle Farm @ Grand Cayman

socalmommy

We have at least 20 people in our party and 7 of them are children (2 - 9 yrs) -- so I have a few questions. Trying to find cost effective ways to enjoy a few excursions.

DOLPHIN SWIMMING @ CHANKANAAB COZUMEL

1. If we book the excursion through Disney, they list $135/adult, $110/child (3-9), does each paid child have to have a paid adult in the dolphin swim with them?

2. Does Dolphin Chankanaab allow underwater cameras/photos? I know their Photos/CDs are expensive and will be paying for those, but hubby would like to know if he can bring an underwater one.

3. Chankanaab website isn't working right now, so how do I book excursions if we don't go through Disney?

* How much is the Dolphin Swim if not thru Disney? I definitely want my husband and 2 children to do the Dolphin Swim and I'm willing to pay the entrance fee into the Chankanaab park.

* Do I have to find a taxi at port for transportation? How much should I expect to pay for a party of 6 or more?

* Since lunch wouldn't be included, are there places to eat at Chankanaab or should we eat elsewhere?

TURTLE FARM @ GRAND CAYMAN

1. What's the most cost effective way to book a Turtle Farm excursion for 2 adults and 2 children (5 & 9)?

2. If we have to find our own transportation -- what should I expect to pay and how long is the ride?

3. Any suggestions for lunch?

Thanks so much for any input. This is our first cruise to Western Caribbean.

We have at least 20 people in our party and 7 of them are children (2 - 9 yrs) -- so I have a few questions. Trying to find cost effective ways to enjoy a few excursions.

1. What's the most cost effective way to book a Turtle Farm excursion for 2 adults and 2 children (5 & 9)?

2. If we have to find our own transportation -- what should I expect to pay and how long is the ride?

I booked the Turtle Farm through their website and they give a 20% discount at the time of booking. The site says they provide transportation and other posters have noted they can be found at the dock waiting to provide transport. The Fantasy does arrive later than the posted transportation times to and from the dock but I believe the Turtle Farm will adjust their times accordingly.

We may eat prior to disembarking for our excursion as the noted arrival time is 11:30 for Grand Cayman. Hope this helps!

DOLPHIN SWIMMING @ CHANKANAAB COZUMEL

1. If we book the excursion through Disney, they list $135/adult, $110/child (3-9), does each paid child have to have a paid adult in the dolphin swim with them?

2. Does Dolphin Chankanaab allow underwater cameras/photos? I know their Photos/CDs are expensive and will be paying for those, but hubby would like to know if he can bring an underwater one.

3. Chankanaab website isn't working right now, so how do I book excursions if we don't go through Disney?

* How much is the Dolphin Swim if not thru Disney? I definitely want my husband and 2 children to do the Dolphin Swim and I'm willing to pay the entrance fee into the Chankanaab park.

* Do I have to find a taxi at port for transportation? How much should I expect to pay for a party of 6 or more?

* Since lunch wouldn't be included, are there places to eat at Chankanaab or should we eat elsewhere?

I don't know if you are the "trip planner" in your group or not, but I'd like to make the suggestion that each family/room/group within your much larger party make their own excursion plans. It's difficult to book that large a group at one time for an excursion, unless you do the private ones.

On DCL, each reservation must be booked separately. If you are linked, whoever has the earliest booking window (figuring that some of you are returning cruisers) can only book those people who are within the same booking windows. That means the ones who book later may not be able to book exactly the same excursion. Unless you all want to wait and book your excursions at the time the last persons booking window opens.

:)

I don't know if you are the "trip planner" in your group or not, but I'd like to make the suggestion that each family/room/group within your much larger party make their own excursion plans. It's difficult to book that large a group at one time for an excursion, unless you do the private ones.

On DCL, each reservation must be booked separately. If you are linked, whoever has the earliest booking window (figuring that some of you are returning cruisers) can only book those people who are within the same booking windows. That means the ones who book later may not be able to book exactly the same excursion. Unless you all want to wait and book your excursions at the time the last persons booking window opens.

:)

I am the trip planner, but am having a group meeting in the next few months just to let everyone know what excursions they may be interested in (since the ones with children seem to be on a tighter budget). I'm having everyone book their own sightseeing/excursion, but told everyone that I would do some research as there was an interest in these type of animal interactive outings.

Thanks for the info.

I booked the Turtle Farm through their website and they give a 20% discount at the time of booking. The site says they provide transportation and other posters have noted they can be found at the dock waiting to provide transport. The Fantasy does arrive later than the posted transportation times to and from the dock but I believe the Turtle Farm will adjust their times accordingly.

We may eat prior to disembarking for our excursion as the noted arrival time is 11:30 for Grand Cayman. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

The website is: turtle.ky

When you go to pricing it takes you to the Boatswain Beach Park's main website. There are two prices: $30 for Turtle Farm only and $45 for complete access to all activities. The discount appears when you book the tour.

The website is: turtle.ky

When you go to pricing it takes you to the Boatswain Beach Park's main website. There are two prices: $30 for Turtle Farm only and $45 for complete access to all activities. The discount appears when you book the tour.

Thanks again -- very useful info.

Archived