Pride of America Food Question- Vegetarian

j_jaye

Hello :)

We are looking into doing the POA cruise around Hawaii and whilst I have read that the ship offers some limited vegetarian foods onboard (at least one dish per meal) I was wondering if it was the same dish every night or if they vary the dish? I don't really fancy eating the same dish for 7 days!

Thanks

JJ:)

Vegetarian here too! Never had a problem finding plenty to eat on a cruise ship. On the dining room lunch and dinner menu, there is always one vegetarian dish - it varies nightly. The specialty restaurants usually have an offering and for those that don't, I always just tell them and they are more than happy to get me whatever I want. The buffets usually have an Indian section - some of the best buffet food I've found. This section is mostly vegan, though finding vegan dinner offerings is harder in the main dining room. I suggest that if you plan on eating in the main dining room for most diners, you tell the head waiter the first night and ask to look at the menus. They are more than happy to prepare just about anything if you give them a night's notice. Also at the buffet, you can ask for a veggie burger and they'll get you one from the kitchen to ensure it's not grilled in animal fat (with the turkey/beef burgers).

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived