Changing cabins & moving people around fees

We<3WDW

I've searched the Carnival forum and can't find the answer but I'm too tired to read through CCL policy so I'm hoping someone can tell me. We have 4 cabins booked for our family cruise this Thanksgiving:). 2 balconys with 2 people each and 2 OV's with 3 people each. DS 25 and his GF are in separate OV's. They have decided they want a room of their own. My DM is going to have a cow;). Anyway, How much would the fees be to change one of the OV's to a 2 person and one of the balcony's to a 3? Rates are the same as when we booked so I'm mainly just concerned about the fees. I do realize adding the 3rd to our balcony will be a little more than she was in the OV.

Thanks.

I've searched the Carnival forum and can't find the answer but I'm too tired to read through CCL policy so I'm hoping someone can tell me. We have 4 cabins booked for our family cruise this Thanksgiving:). 2 balconys with 2 people each and 2 OV's with 3 people each. DS 25 and his GF are in separate OV's. They have decided they want a room of their own. My DM is going to have a cow;). Anyway' date=' How much would the fees be to change one of the OV's to a 2 person and one of the balcony's to a 3? Rates are the same as when we booked so I'm mainly just concerned about the fees. I do realize adding the 3rd to our balcony will be a little more than she was in the OV.

Thanks.[/quote']

You might what to contact CCL's customer service to get the information you are looking for.

Not sure if I am following your question exactly but from what I understand is once you are on board it doesn't matter who stays in whos cabin. So put your son and his gf in a cabin and the others in the other cabin once you are on and go to guest services and get the cards changed out. Tho we just had to do some changing around on our booking because my sister is underage in a cabin of girls so we flopped her with my mother but once we are on board my mother will stay with my dad and my sister with the girls. And they didn't charge for that. But i'm sure the 3rd/4th rate is higher on a balcony than a OV so you will be charged the difference for that. Hope that helps :D

it all depends on several things..

1. which promotion are you booked under?

2. Are you within penalty(past final payment date) or outside of penalty(before final payment)?

IF PAID IN FULL;

The person that is moving from room of (3) to room of (2) will only bring the money from that room for the 3rd occupancy rate. For example, if the avg rate pp was $250pp for a total cruise fees of $750 the rate really may have been $300 for guest 1, $300 for guest 2, and $150 for guest 3. Well when guest 3 moves only $150 is going with them.

As for penalty fees that all depends on your answers to the above questions i posted.

Bottom line call Carnival to get the final say.

Not sure if I am following your question exactly but from what I understand is once you are on board it doesn't matter who stays in whos cabin. :D

this is my suggestion too.. wait until you are onboard, and then switch around. you can go to the pursers desk to ask for extra room keys for the people that switch.

The S&S cards are tied to your credit card, not the cabin, so it wouldnt affect purchases. at worst some people have to carry two cards.

I would leave it alone if you can sleep in the cabins you have. at worst.. move a mattress on the floor to make it work once onboard.

Only problem is that the balcony booked for 2 might not be able to accommodate 3 people, so changing cards around once on board might not work.

Last cruise, we booked early saver. Part of our group had 2 people each in 2 interiors. After deposit was made, one person pulled out. That person lost $50 and got a $200 credit for a future cruise. The remaining 3 people upgraded to a 3-person balcony for no extra cost other than the price difference. But, the 3rd person cost was a lot cheaper than the 1st two passengers in the room. They split the total cost 3 ways and it wasn't that much more than what they were paying per person on the interiors.

I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what you're planning to do. But, in short, it sounds like you are wanting to move one of the 6 from the OVs into one of your 2-person balconies (to make it 3 people in one of them). Like some others have said, your 2-person balconies may only be set up to sleep 2 & not 3. However, there will be a sofa in there that could be set up as a sofa bed. All balconies have this sofa, except for a few of the unique-shaped balcony rooms. They just simply pick & choose which rooms will allow that to be a sofa bed. They can't allow it in all rooms, or they could wind up carrying too many people in total on the ship (capacity issue). However, if your 3-person OV would then be sleeping 2, that's a non-issue.

If you are not booked Early Saver and you are before final payment, it should be no problem making a change. You may have to switch rooms, but it can be done with no penalty. If you are Early Saver or past final payment, it gets tricky:

To expand on what others have said, if you wait until you get on board to make a room change, they may not like that, because the 3rd person rate is higher in a balcony as opposed to an OV, as you know. Plus, as we've said, the balcony rooms may only allow for 2. One option would be to get an extra room key from guest services for the balcony room, as they don't mind doing that, if all parties approve. One person would then be carrying a sail&sign card/OV room key plus a balcony room key. You could then ask the room steward to make up the sofa as a bed in the balcony room. Please leave the steward a nice extra tip for doing this, at least equivalent to what they would get on auto-tips for one person, as they would not be receiving anything from auto-tips for that person. Or, you could move the sheets yourself to the sofa & take the sheets back to the OV room in the morning.

this is my suggestion too.. wait until you are onboard, and then switch around. you can go to the pursers desk to ask for extra room keys for the people that switch.

The S&S cards are tied to your credit card, not the cabin, so it wouldnt affect purchases. at worst some people have to carry two cards.

I would leave it alone if you can sleep in the cabins you have. at worst.. move a mattress on the floor to make it work once onboard.

If I completely understand the OP (and not sure I do) this is what I would suggest.

Or the OP could try and move the 2 pax balcony to a 3 pax balcony the same category ahead of time.. if they had a co-operative PVP or TA, it could be done if the occupancy restrictions are not in place .. rather than actually move someone and pay extra.

It's not just the irregular balconies who may only have 2 person restrictions. We had a balcony last cruise (same size as the 2 next to us that held 3) and we did not have a sofa. We had a table and 2 chairs.

In booking our upcoming cruise, in our group, we had a room with 2 in a balcony and a room with 3 in a balcony - though they had rooms right next to each other available, some of them were designated as 2 person rooms (with no couch) and they had to book different floors.

It's not just the irregular balconies who may only have 2 person restrictions. We had a balcony last cruise (same size as the 2 next to us that held 3) and we did not have a sofa. We had a table and 2 chairs.

In booking our upcoming cruise, in our group, we had a room with 2 in a balcony and a room with 3 in a balcony - though they had rooms right next to each other available, some of them were designated as 2 person rooms (with no couch) and they had to book different floors.

OP here. Thanks for all the responses. I get where I'm confusing to some. Yesterday was a long hard day. But tomorrow we will be doing the double digit dance!:)

Simplertimes, you have described what I'm worried about. We will be aboard the Fascination and from what I understand the balcony's we booked only accomodate 2 with no sofa. I may be wrong there, hope I am because in that case I have no dilemma. If the cabin does only sleep 2 then I need to change that cabin and I was wondering if there was a "change fee" in addition to the change in rate. We did book ES, final payment is not due until September 19. ES rates for our cruise are still available if that make a difference.

OP here. Thanks for all the responses. I get where I'm confusing to some. Yesterday was a long hard day. But tomorrow we will be doing the double digit dance!:)

Simplertimes' date=' you have described what I'm worried about. We will be aboard the Fascination and from what I understand the balcony's we booked only accomodate 2 with no sofa. I may be wrong there, hope I am because in that case I have no dilemma. If the cabin does only sleep 2 then I need to change that cabin and I was wondering if there was a "change fee" in addition to the change in rate. We did book ES, final payment is not due until September 19. ES rates for our cruise are still available if that make a difference.[/quote']

Id call and see if you can reach someone to override the fees. ... tell them its a upgrade, they get more money by moving someone into the balcony.

I missed the age of the kids.. I assume both are yours or they are adults. If one of them does not have a legal guardian onboard, or is not over the age of 21 .. then they have to have someone over the age of 25 in their cabin.

There are rules that might or might not apply and without all the details its hard to give a reply .. but typically if you cancel a pax.. they pay $50 fee, plus their deposit is held for 2 years.. and cannot be applied to this same cruise.. so you will have to get around that too or have one deposit held for 2 years minus the $50 change fee.

We booked four cabins through past guest rate, with one past guest put in with a first timer. PVP assured us that if we wait until we get on board we can keep the rate without penalty.

Once we board, we can put the couples in their separate rooms by going to Guest Services (we need to switch four people if the nine!)

Hope this works for you.

Archived