Island escape revisited

tiernsee

Just got back from a brilliant two weeks on the Island Escape. My review is here:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=107141

We really enjoyed the whole experience and would recommend it, particularly for families and those wanting the informal cruise experience. Our last cruise was on Ocean Village and was disappointed when the cruise ship went to Australia but Island Escape gave us a very similar experience.

glad you enjoyed your cruise....we did the same two itineraries in June and also loved it...:)

I'm surprised you 'got away with' using your kettle in the cabin as they are banned! in fact most ships don't allow kettles in cabins because of the fire hazard, normally announced at boat drill....:(

we managed our luggage by putting cases under the beds...but of course there were only two of us...we did wonder how 4 would cope in the space and decided you would have to do everything in relays!!!:)

Interesting, they didn't mention kettles at the safety drill and ours was on open display for the complete two weeks. We even had a supply of the Green Tea with Mint bags from the Beachcomber next to it. We did use it every mornings and some evenings whilst watching the news/Olympics and would have missed it if they had said we couldn't use it.

Would really recommend pre-booking a specific cabin. I worked out the middle of the ship and booked the nearest four berth cabin to it on Diamond Deck (6562) - we felt no boat movement at all even on the night when the staff had strategically placed sick bags all round the ship.......

This time last week was in Gibraltar, this week at work :( missing my cooked breakfasts and cocktails (but not at the same time)....

Archived