b2b cruise question

my sister and i were looking at doing a back to back cruise however i have read somewhere on here i read that a back to back cruise is illegal ... so i am wondering what makes it illegal as we have never done a back to back cruise i would wanna know all the facts beforehand

my sister and i were looking at doing a back to back cruise however i have read somewhere on here i read that a back to back cruise is illegal ... so i am wondering what makes it illegal as we have never done a back to back cruise i would wanna know all the facts beforehand

it's only illegal if it starts in one U.S. city and ends in another U.S. city and does not visit a DISTANT foreign port.

If it starts and ends at the same U.S. city you are fine.

Bill

Most of the cruises affected are TAs, where the ship is being moved from one port to another .. and someone wants to tack on another leg.. like I wanted to do the last Alaskan cruise.. and stay on when they moved Miracle to Calif.

Ordinary cruises round trips from a port and not affected.

I have known people who did a Trans-Atlantic that ended in Ft. Lauderdale followed immediately by a second cruise on the same ship that did the Caribbean for 7 nights and ended up again in Ft. Lauderdale. This was due to the airfare flying them home to England was more expensive at the end of the TA than it was 7 days later....even including the cost of the second cruise!

Archived