no makeup artist on ship??

today is not my day when it comes to wedding stuff.

i called carnival to see if there was any way i could book my appointment for hair and make up early, so as to avoid rushing on embarkation day to make an appointment at my ideal time. they told me that there is no makeup artist on board ... YIKES! now i am trying to figure out what the heck to do as far as makeup goes for my wedding day. :(

im wondering if i should get off the ship and arrange for transportation to a local salon for hair and makeup?

suggestions??

Oh sorry! I'm getting married at a port too so I had the same worries. My coordinator said they could open the salon early for me and my girls. My ship has a make up artist on board but I know not all Carnival ships do. What port are you getting married at?

I'm on the Glory! I researched the boards and found a couple of older threads with brides getting hair/make up done in Port Canaveral. Hopefully this is helpful! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1347633

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=900426

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=864831

You're getting married on the Pride right? When I did my ship tour in January, the spa ladies said make-up wasn't an issue. I think they charge $40 and use our own makeup, but they'd do it for us when we got our hair done.

It's probably a two hour trip for you, but you may want to consider organizing a ship inspection to check on loose ends and details. You just call Carnival weddings and they set it up for you.

I had an in-home trial with a hair/makeup artist several months before my wedding, then she had a medical emergency and had to cancel about a week and a half before my wedding. After a bit of panic I went to Ulta, told them what happened, and they did a sample makeover for me. We bought some of their products and mixed them with a few things I already had (I don't wear a lot of makeup usually -- I wanted a step up but still natural look for my wedding). In the end I did it myself and my Mom and I both thought it looked better and more "me" than the photos from my trial had. I ended up with makeup designed to photograph well, but I had a lot more control over how much I was using.

today is not my day when it comes to wedding stuff.

i called carnival to see if there was any way i could book my appointment for hair and make up early, so as to avoid rushing on embarkation day to make an appointment at my ideal time. they told me that there is no makeup artist on board ... YIKES! now i am trying to figure out what the heck to do as far as makeup goes for my wedding day. :(

im wondering if i should get off the ship and arrange for transportation to a local salon for hair and makeup?

suggestions??

I dont understand why ships dont provide make up, especially when they do cruise weddings... obviously there's going to be a demand for it!! Im on RCL and they dont provide make up either- only hair.

I've booked an appointment at sugar and spice in Charlotte amalie in St Thomas to have both my hair and make up done. I dont see the point in staying onboard for hair and then having to find a different place for make up!

Hope you find somewhere to do it for you so you feel pampered on your wedding day xxx

Gina130284

What RCL ship are you on? I am on the Allure of the Seas and when I called I specifically asked about both and was told they do provide makeup and hair.

I'm in Enchantment. I've booked a salon in St Thomas for both hair and make up now x

Archived