new way to get booze onboard

Malinda1229

WOW hmmm getting flamed for something that is COMMONLY discussed on this board "how to get all sorts of contraband on board"

Personally I don't think Carnival reads EACH AND EVERY POST. If they do i don't think we are going to get caught and if we do we wont be alone.

Can we please keep this light my friends - this is after all about a vacation!

Sorry i asked a question.

Amen sister! :D Welcome to Cruise Critic!

just got of the pride if you interest give me your email and i can send pics of how i did it. my screen is no where near my real name. but i ordered a ginger ale almost every night at dinner just told them dont open taking back to my room. i also order 3 bottles from bon voyage, snuck liquor on , and had a liquor bill.

WOW hmmm getting flamed for something that is COMMONLY discussed on this board "how to get all sorts of contraband on board"

Personally I don't think Carnival reads EACH AND EVERY POST. If they do i don't think we are going to get caught and if we do we wont be alone.

Can we please keep this light my friends - this is after all about a vacation!

Sorry i asked a question.

Anytime you mention sneaking on alcohol, you need to wear your asbestos suit as you will be flamed. So don't feel bad or guilty. I am a confirmed smuggler and have never been caught. You have an excellent plan so go for it. As for how to carry it around the ship I have a sport bottle that I use that sometimes just has water in it. :rolleyes: Get your soft drink, take it to a table and mix away.

As for CCL reading all the post or even a few posts, they have better things to do. On your post you list the ship and year so CCL would have to find which sailing sometime in the last 5 months of 2012 and would have to find your name and res. Then they would have to tell the security to watch for you coming through. Yea right!

Good smuggling. There are many ways to do it.

Just put the rum in a water bottle to walk around and when you buy a coke you can pour it in the glass

This is what we do. Works just fine.

Even Bon Voyage liquor works like this. Plastic bottle to hold so no breakage issues.

I also make wine. NOT to the extent you guys do. I made a little over 200 bottles last year. Also on track to do at least that amount this year.

just got of the pride if you interest give me your email and i can send pics of how i did it. my screen is no where near my real name. but i ordered a ginger ale almost every night at dinner just told them dont open taking back to my room. i also order 3 bottles from bon voyage, snuck liquor on , and had a liquor bill.

Ill bite? How do you do it? winterscrystal87@yahoo.com

I think I like the idea of smuggling (getting away with breaking the rules, naughty, naughty) but I'm just too lazy and it seems like too much trouble in the end.

Interesting fact, most women have one breast smaller than the other. I imagine a small (or large depending on your cup size) rum runner could equal out the girls and get you a little something on board.

I find this one disturbing , I guess only for the simple reason I have to wear a Colostomy Bag because of colon cancer . Its bad enough I have to get strip searched in airports because of it , now if people start trying to smuggle booze in this way I will have to get stripped searched at the port :(:(

Plus I bet she has used her real name and not a common one. I bet she is active on her roll call too. Not smart in so many ways it is scary.

Just so you know, I can't be positive about Carnival, but my sister in law works for a company and that is her job to read forum boards all day and make notes.

OMG best job ever.. where do i sign up

I can tell you from personal experience lots of wine bottles are confiscated prior to boarding. There was a large group of us (who checked in at different times) and out of about 16 bottles only 3 got on.

A friend of mine works in a winery so we took some of the darkest bottles they had filled them with different liquors (rum, vodka, gin, etc). Then added food coloring to make them appear exactly the same color as the wine that was suppose to be in the bottle. Had them professionally corked and sealed, then wrapped the neck with their foil machine. It looked completely professional. No problems right? Wrong!

Almost every liquor when shaken looks completely different then a bottle of wine when it's shook. These Carnival employees shake hundreds of bottles a week, they know the difference. Your chances of getting on even the most professionally sealed wine bottle with liquor is pretty low.

..there are a few black wine/champagne bottles out there, that would be your best chance. Other than that RumRunners in checked baggage are about your best option.

Some people tend to smuggle because purchasing liquor through Bon Voyage is 2-3 times more expensive than buying it at their local liquor store. You also need to weigh in the convenience of having it waiting in your room versus having to go to the store to purchase it, repackage it to smuggle (RumRunners cost $$), transport it, and in the end hope it doesn't get caught. When you weigh in all these factors purchasing through Bon Voyage is a pretty good option.

Why would you advertise that you do something like this when CCL is watching.. rum... bubbles and unless you have wine with gas in it wine doesn't have bubbles.. I am an international medal winning wine maker and I can say I would never do that..

seriously.......why report this to everyone?

I take 2 32oz rumrunners, either in luggage or this time in cargo shorts. I also take a few little ones so that i can take to pool. How do i fill the coke? I buy one, take a sip, then poor it from the flask! they dont care, as long as your buying something, ive never had a problem! and yes, theyve seen the bags (bar tenders/pool wait staff).

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I find this one disturbing , I guess only for the simple reason I have to wear a Colostomy Bag because of colon cancer . Its bad enough I have to get strip searched in airports because of it , now if people start trying to smuggle booze in this way I will have to get stripped searched at the port :(:(

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I only posted it as a joke as to what means people are willing to go. I actually find it disturbing too, because if it passes security, who knows whay type of liquid is there. Again, sorry!

I can tell you from personal experience lots of wine bottles are confiscated prior to boarding. There was a large group of us (who checked in at different times) and out of about 16 bottles only 3 got on.

A friend of mine works in a winery so we took some of the darkest bottles they had filled them with different liquors (rum, vodka, gin, etc). Then added food coloring to make them appear exactly the same color as the wine that was suppose to be in the bottle. Had them professionally corked and sealed, then wrapped the neck with their foil machine. It looked completely professional. No problems right? Wrong!

Almost every liquor when shaken looks completely different then a bottle of wine when it's shook. These Carnival employees shake hundreds of bottles a week, they know the difference. Your chances of getting on even the most professionally sealed wine bottle with liquor is pretty low.

..there are a few black wine/champagne bottles out there, that would be your best chance. Other than that RumRunners in checked baggage are about your best option.

Some people tend to smuggle because purchasing liquor through Bon Voyage is 2-3 times more expensive than buying it at their local liquor store. You also need to weigh in the convenience of having it waiting in your room versus having to go to the store to purchase it, repackage it to smuggle (RumRunners cost $$), transport it, and in the end hope it doesn't get caught. When you weigh in all these factors purchasing through Bon Voyage is a pretty good option.

I agree.

From an REformed Smuggler!

Forgive me for asking, but why is a bottle of wine OK but a similar or smaller size bottle of liquor is not?

Rules are rules. We dont make them we just obey or break them.:p

Likely because someone somewhere up in Carnival wanted to take a certain wine and wrote the rules accordingly...

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Forgive me for asking, but why is a bottle of wine OK but a similar or smaller size bottle of liquor is not?

Think about the alchohol content?? How many drinks can you make with a 1 liter bottle of vodka vs. drinking just 1 liter bottle of wine?? It's all about revenue lost for Carnival.

Had to edit to add: "how many drinks can A NORMAL person make with 1 liter of vodka!!! LOL

Think about the alchohol content?? How many drinks can you make with a 1 liter bottle of vodka vs. drinking just 1 liter bottle of wine?? It's all about revenue lost for Carnival.

Had to edit to add: "how many drinks can A NORMAL person make with 1 liter of vodka!!! LOL

Thank you for the answer. I'm not a wine drinker, so I have no idea of the difference in revenue lost. I know some bottles of wine cost WAY more than the rum I like to drink. Oh well it is what it is :)

Archived