Carnival Magic Spring Break Cruise

jerday

Hi there!

I am a 36 year old single father of a soon to be 7 year old and we both love to cruise. I am looking at booking the Carnival Magic for his spring break at the end of March.

My concern is not the volume of people or kids on the ship, but the volume of out of control college kids who love to have a great time on spring break. I am not trying to criticize here, I have been one of those young love to party kids myself once in my life. I just don't want my 7 year old to be a part of a vacation that is surronded by a bunch of kids who just want to party to get drunk.

Anyways, my question is:

Have any of your cruised over spring break before and ever encounter any issues with too many partying college kids?

Thanks so much.

A 7 day cruise the odds are a lot less that college aged will be booking it to get drunk. Besides you either have to have your parents onboard, or have someone 25 or older in the cabin, which would also cut down on a ship being where college aged go alone to party.

we will also be on this cruise next year - myself, husband and 2 boys. We have cruised twice over Easter, the most recent was this year with NCL. There were a ton of kids and teens on board but didn't notice any of the college scene you are concerned about. We were with a group of 20 and nobody commented about running into any kids partying.

The college crowd you are concerned about will be back in school. Most colleges have their break sometime in February through mid March. By the end of March they are pretty much over. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

It all depends on what you mean by the end of March. We were on the Magic March18-25 this year. There were alot of college students on that cruise. Mostly from the University of Arkansas. The same thing for the Conquest. The reason I know the Conquest had alot of U of A students is because we were docked next to them in Cozumel. And the students from each ship were calling the Hogs from the Lido decks.

Overall they did not cause trouble. They just seemed to dominate the activites and the deck chairs.

Sharon

Archived