Anyone ever had obstructed view room?

MTinGA

I was looking at choosing a room on Legend, and saw choices of Oceanview with french doors obstructed view, and balcony with obstructed view. How obstructed is the view, and is it private? Just curious if anyone ever experienced these rooms before. Any help would be appreciated!

You have to make sure the doors do open. I have read posts that some dont. Your view will be a lifeboat. You cant go outside.if you read a few pages here you will find lots of information about the obstructed cabins.

Usually French Door Cabins you'll see little more than a Life Boat and some daylight. Obstructed view Cabins with Balconys are usually just above Life Boats and you can see out just not down. Usually about six of the Life Boats are higher and obstruct more view because they are actually tenders. Check deck plans and ship photos carefully all can be found on net. GOOD LUCK and ENJOY. ;)

Well, I guess the way to look at it, is - if you start out with a guarantee inside room - and end up even with an obstructed view - you would still have some light coming in - so you would know when it's morning. If that's what happens to us, I'll look at it as a step up.....Time will tell.

On the Legend my mother had obstructed view. She was not happy with that . There was a life boat right there. They could have jump into it. We were joking that you did not need the muster drill because they had there own boat there. You could see the water but not very enjoyable.

We had an obstructed ov on the Pride. It had the frenchdoors. We got an awesome deal and thought it was nice. Yes it is a little obstructed, but you still get the breeze coming in and you can see some. I'd do it again for the price I got.

On the PRIDE (sister to the LEGEND) a year ago, I was upgraded from an inside to a 5A - outside, French Doors and obstructed view. I was lucky in that my cabin was in between 2 lifeboats and I could actually see the ocean(about a 4 or 5 foot gap). I don't think I would ever book an obstructed view 5A, but it certainly was a nice gesture from Carnival to upgrade me to one.

I propped the doors open at night and loved the sound and smell of the ocean.

On the Spirit I had an Obstructed view, it was like a 6a, I didnt mind it at all since booking from a 1a inside cabin, not a bad upgrade. The door opens and you can look out, you can see the wood deck below you and a tiny piece of the ocean since the lifeboat is smack infront of you. best part you can open the door and get some air into the cabin, we looked out once. there is a Rail with a glass partition so you cant fall out.

I will try to take pictures of all the things people ask on this Website so I can have them handy, This is one big topic on this site about these Obstructed views, I will try and shoot some in Oct.

How obstructed is the view, and is it private?

I've been upgraded from a 1a to 5a (French Door view), and the photo above is extremely accurate. As for private--mine wasn't. While on a 16-night cruise maintenance was either checking on the lifeboats and/or washing down my windows almost daily. Needless to say I learned not to dress with the curtains open. And, as a solo traveler I wouldn't have felt safe leaving my door open during the night. I did prop it open on an afternoon or two while resting my eyes.

And, I haven't cruised in an obstructed view balcony cabin but again the photo above looks like what I have seen while on the Spirit.

I'm an inside guarantee cruiser so I wouldn't be able to justify the extra $$ for any kind of an obstructed view.

Enjoy your planning, MTinGA!!

I had a 7A 'obstructed' view balcony and the key to those is to be sure that you're further back than the 3rd lifeboat. The 1st 3 are much higher and come up almost to the rail whereas the ones behind the 3rd and further back are just below the floor deck of the balcony. The only obstruction that I had was looking straight down. I was in cabin 5170 and would book an obstructed again if the difference in $$ was as great as it was last time. I would NOT book a GTY obstructed because I would not want to chance being getting one of the balconies behind the 1st 3 lifeboats.

Diane

Thanks for all the info...wonderful pictures. I need to remember to do that on my trips for future postings. I do not think I would like french doors. Looks like obstructed balcony not too bad because you can still step outside your room.

Archived