Can kids play bingo?

Mattmax

I am worried about several reports I have read talking about how bored their kids were, we will be sailing with our 14 year old HORMONAL son, and his 11 year old brother. I read that bingo cards cost 10.00 so I would guess they consider that gambling and no kids?

Yes the kids can play Bingo- but the packs cost $35 each,(6 games) so....Last summer my 12 yr old grandson played and we won 3 times ( I NEVER win)so I am sure this year he will want to go back!! Prizes are not that great- about $200 each game with a jackpot for the last game. I travel with my grandsons age 16 and 12 and they are never bored. The first time we cruised the oldest one was complaining all the way down to the ship that it was going to be SOO boring he didn't really want to be there- but on the day we left the ship to come home he was in tears and begging to go back as soon as possible. Teens are well catered for,they have a lounge,disco,special events provided for them on the beach and lots of new friends to make. Basketball is their thing and that's where I can usually find them. One hint- get walkie-talkies before you go so that you can track them down. These ships are very big and you can spend ages walking from place to place in your search for the kids.

Bingo is also a very fast paced game on carnival. You get little paper cards with little slits in the numbers. When the number is called you fold the piece over. (look for the cheaper games where you play 5 games for the price of one. On the Miracle it was called Gringo Bingo. Bingo is played every time before the start of a show-

I read somewhere, either on these boards or Royal Caribbean that kids were allowed to play bingo as long as they were accompanied by an adult. I don't believe the adult also had to be playing. I don't think your son will have a problem with either being able to play bingo, or with being bored! We travel annually with teens (1 of my own, and 2 nephews) and the length of boredom time is always short lived!

Have a great trip!

A~:)

i can't remember which cruise we were on, but a kid(12-13 y/o girl) won the free cruise. i was really dissapointed, I only needed one more number to win when she yelled BINGO! Her dad was sitting with her when she won

It is my understanding from prior cruises that "technically" kids cannot play, but everyone gets around it with an adult buying the cards and claiming the reward. The child just sits and marks the cards.

Archived