Water in pools before embarkation for New Orleans

moondusterr

I asked in a previous thread if the pools were ready to swim in when you board the ship. Everyone answered "yes." I did not specify New Orleans. I Was talking to some family and they told me of all the cruises they have been on out of New Orleans they don't fill the pool with water until they sail in the gulf of Mexico. I need a reliable answer because I was planning on having my family just wear bathing suits and cover ups when we get on the ship. I won't if the pool is drained. Thanks.

We sailed on the Triumph out of NOLA and I believe they had water in them but not full.... The ship makes several twists and turns coming down the river before hitting the gulf (which takes quiet a while to navigate). I don't remember seeing anyone swimming then... but that was a few cruises back.

I think the time of year has a lot to do with it too. We cruised out of NOLA on the Conquest in February, 2003 and it was closed then on embarkation day. The temps were only in the fifties that day. The next morning they were full already and it was warm enough to swim.

Archived