Eurostar to London-What is the Paris Train Station like? Are there porters to help

stipmom

with the luggage? Do you need to take the stairs to the track? Thanks

They do have the large carriages similar to the ones you find in airports and there is the elevator to get to the second floor. I didn't notice any porters and none approached us.

After you get up to the sitting area, I would get your luggage near a spot to where the line will form. There will be a sign. We put our bags there about 25 minutes early and were first in line. There are a couple of restaurants upstairs near the waiting area. We like Paul's, where you can get a good sandwich on a baguette.

Once in the waiting area, we were on our own to get our luggage on the train. We had the basic economy tickets. I am not sure if there is more service with first class.

Access to the eurostar trains is to the left as you come through the main entrance of the station and you reach them by an escalator. It is all signposted. At the top of the escalator you sometimes have to queue to go through to the waiting area for departures where there are some shops/cafes etc. When called for the train you will have to transport your own luggage (not far.) Not sure if porters are available as I have never noticed any.

Access to the eurostar trains is to the left as you come through the main entrance of the station and you reach them by an escalator. It is all signposted. At the top of the escalator you sometimes have to queue to go through to the waiting area for departures where there are some shops/cafes etc. When called for the train you will have to transport your own luggage (not far.) Not sure if porters are available as I have never noticed any.

The elevator is certainly better for those with a lot of luggage. You don't want to go up the escalator with several pieces of luggage. The elevator has glass doors. We did have to ask someone where it was.

Thanks everyone. Glad to hear there is an elevator. When we went from Venice Mestre to Milan it was only steps which is difficult with large luggage. I have an escalator phobia so it is normally steps or an elevator for me.

When you get off in London how do you manage the luggage. Do they have an elevator too? Thanks

I don't remember any stairs or need for an elevator at St Pancras Station. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. The line for taxis was longer than 15 minutes (ten days before Olympics).

We recently travelled on the Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris. There is a flight of elevators that you have to use to get to the train. A bigger "trap for young players" is that you have to lift ALL your luggage onto a inspection table as you pass through the terminal. So if you have heavy luggage, consider whether you can physically lift it onto the inspection table.

Barry

Archived