Who does the research??

Boatingmom

Completely solo -me. My husband once planned a vacation and even though it went smoothly with no hiccups whatsoever, he was so stressed and anxious and nervous that I got stressed too.

After that he is banned from any planning. I do everything :p

My sister is my travel buddy most of the time and I tend to do most/all of the planning. We pick the cruise together with info that I've gleaned from various sources plus the input of our trusty travel agent, but the rest is all me. My sister usually tells people, "I can't afford to lose my sister when we travel...first, mom would be pissed...and second, I'd be screwed, because I wouldn't know where/how/who or any other details!" She says that she's just the pretty one and I'm the smart one, so she just shows up and looks good. :p It's a good thing I love her...lol...I haven't ever tried to lose her, except that time when I left her in Europe, but that's a whole different story. :D

Me! I am very lucky to have a husband that never says NO to me. Last night I told him, Queen Victoria would sail around South America for her 2014 world cruise. He said" go ahead and book”. I will be booking it as soon as it goes on sale next month.

Happy cruising.

M

You realize that there are lots of us that would like to borrow him periodically. :D

Is everybody's spouse also a cruise critic fanatic, or do most of you research for your spouse and entire family? Just wondering if this is a team sport or a solo thing:rolleyes:??

I'm a "solo act". When I even suggest that someone else in my family research something, like finding the best hotel somewhere or even finding the best show or ticket price for a Branson show, they act like...."well, I don't really know where to look....My computer is too slow....everyone may not like my choice"....etc. They just like everything made easy. I put in the time to find the best prices, amenities/features, scheduling and then list it all in a nice bundle that I put in a manila envelope labeled with the Trip Name and date. I enjoy planning and like I said, the family just like everything made easy for them. I even fill out the pre-cruise registration for all family members. Even when I cruised with my Ex- and his family, I had to fill out the pre-cruise registration for him AND his family members! The important thing when laying the work on someone else is to at least pretend to be happy about their choices unless you wish to do the work yourself. Thus if a theater show ends up being really lame or a hotel ends up being located right next to a noisy nightclub, unless you want to do the planning yourself you should say "I LIKE IT LIKE THAT!!!" It's an unspoken rule..Sort of like the proper response to the question "Do I look fat in this?" is ALWAYS..."OF course NOT!" My family KNOW the unspoken rule, even the Ex- knew the unspoken rule but his family did not! :p

I do all the planning. I do get the "ok" from DH before I book things though. I did book an 8 night on RC Jewel to Eastern Caribbean, and didn't tell him for many months. Told him just before final payment, and he was all good with it. He will give me some input as to what he would like to do. I do the research, and make all the plans. He will check on airfare occassionally, and will also check for cruises, but I make all the plans. He doesn't always know where we are going, or what ship, and ports, but that is ok with him! :D :D

I do it here, Dh works long hours, and hardly gets a chance to breathe let alone take much time off... the only way he can get time usually is if I plan a vacation so he has to go.

Sounds like us. Hours at work are just too long. DH loves it when I book a cruise. He knows no one will try to get a hold of him while at sea. I do narrow it done to two or so excursions when at port. Than I will ask what would he like to do.

Archived