Summit 3/21/05 cruise officially "ON HOLD" by Celebrity

i-m-ed

Hi All!

Me and Lori (my TA) discussed all of the scenerios today. She's being given the same story of the blocked rooms, and inventory, but said a charter COULD be in the works, or a change in itinerary....you just NEVER know. One of the scenerios she came up with (just a theory), is that they could decide to reposition the Summit earlier than planned, to let it finish the itineraries in Hawaii that were cancelled for the Infinity, and then reposition in Alaska. I could see that happening, but I hope not.

I hate the waiting. I've been looking at other cruises for the 3rd week of March, just in case. If this cruise goes sour, at least I'm going to have something planned to have Lori put us on! At least we have LOADS of time to play with!

Take Care,

Jaime

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until We're on the Summit

Hi Everyone!

Read this thread, and it could be the answer to some of our questions.

Infinity Schedule Change 2005

It looks like others have the same idea as Lori. After what happened between the Millennium and the Infinity in March, I can see how we might get thrown off the Summit so they can do these Hawaiian Cruises. As of right now they have 4 Summit cruises "Redlined." They only need to cancel 3 of them to get the Hawaiian cruises back online. Celebrity still hasn't made a definate announcement about them, so let's see what happens after the Revenue Dept. mixes things up a bit!

Sitting here in Limbo Land!!

Jaime

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I just booked a 10 Day on Princess as a fallback. On the bright side the cruise will be about a total of $600 cheaper for the 3 rooms I booked. Also, while booking the TA tried to get information on the Summit and got the same run around as reported before. An interesting note is that this sailing no longer shows up on on his system. I then started checking other online sites, including Celebrity, and the cruise appears to have disappeared.

If anyone knows of any other >10 day cruises during the same week, Caribbean or South America, please share.

Presently booked on Summit 3/21/05 and Dawn Princess 3/20/05.

My wife and I are booked on the Galaxy out of Galveston for a 12 day Panama Canal cruise leaving 21 March. It's hard to tell but I can't see where this particular cruise is filling up. I've been watching the Celebrity site for any changes in the costs since my internet TA will get our fare adjusted if it goes down. We're booked in an RS and have been for a month. Minus our room and two others that were already booked (at least not listed as available) I've seen no other RS cabins disappear from the available list. I don't track other cabins.

Until Galaxy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;21;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Since I've never cruised Celebrity before, I'm having a little trouble following the Hawaii/Infinity/Alaska connection.

We just booked the Summit for the March 11, 2005, 10 day sailing to the southern Caribbean. If what you are referring to above is true, would my cruise also be affected?

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

No. At this time, your cruise still shows up on the Celebrity website as a valid cruise. Its the next several cruises after yours which have disappeared from Celebrity's website and may have been cancelled.

I am/was/should be booked on the 4/1/05 cruise. I called my TA who called Celebrity and they told her that it was full which is why it is no longer showing up...but that doesn't account for the other 4 cruises that disappeared adjacent to ours. Something isn't right.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

I was just reading the one post about Infinity being cancelled; and while I agree that it looks like they might pull the Summit to do the Hawaiian itinerary based on some of the posts it looks like they have already refunded the deposits. I am not an expert but I would think that it they were going to just juggle ships around they would not refund infinity passengers deposits. What do you all think?

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="4" value=4>

</applet>

I just talked to my TA. The 1-28-05 Summit has been cancelled. We were on the 1-28 and the 2-07, B2B. We are waiting to see what compensation is given, and X said it would be within 2 weeks.

Plan B: the Brillance (RCL) does basically the same itinerary, so we may consider that route.

But we really prefer Celebrity.

Grace

Any word on why it was cancelled?

<param name="4" value=4>

</applet>

Jerseygirl3-we are also on March 11, 2005 Summit. There is a "roll call" board and we have started a thread there (Summit 3/11/05). Please join us. Some of us have travelled together before (actually this past March also on Summit) and it is a fun group.

So, far I think our cruise is "safe" -- as it is earlier in the month.

I'm sorry for the anxiety the rest of you are going through. I am curious, though, why they cancelled/red coded the January cruise.

BB5953 - Don't you think its a little odd that the 4/1/05 cruise would be full this soon?

It sounds to me like they are going to move Summit. However, does that mean they just cancel the 3/4 cruises in March and April and do not fill that void?

Lucy

I don't understand what is going on. I am very upset as my entire wedding was planned revolving this particular cruise. It was the perfect timing for us and our family. I find it very very strange that they say it is "just full" and I don't buy it. I don't understand why Celebrity would be deceitful. If they are looking at moving it or chartering Summit then why not be honest and tell customers that it is a possibility. I am not sure how I feel about this and Celebrity might lose quite a few customers (me for one) if this policy of lying doesn't change.

<param name="4" value=4>

</applet>

I'm really not worrying yet.....REALLY! This is REALLY an audit of sorts. But it's during these times that they can see just how booked the ship is. What's happening is that some TA's grab a whole block of cabins at a group rate to get lower prices for their customers, which show up as booked cabins, even though the TA's haven't sold them. Then at the 60 day point they dump them back on Celebrity. Celebrity is starting to get a bit annoyed at this system, and right now they're calling in ALL unsold cabins on all of the cruises that are redlined, just to see what is left.

If you've been digging around for a replacement cruise...just in case...you'll notice a few RCCL cruises in the redline holding pattern at the same time as ours. This happened to me last year on the Galaxy, and it was cleared in about a month. In the case of a wedding, I would be getting crazy though!

I'm going out for Chocolate Martinis tonight, and try to think about our cruise next year reguardless of what ship it's on! There's just too many cruises involved in this for them to be cancelling and repositioning that many!! Celebrity's still a business, and won't thrown out that many customers!!

Take Care, All!

Jaime

LM, thanks for the invite. We ordinarily sail with a large group each January, but this year decided to wait until further into the winter (it seems the winters here at the Jersey shore get longer and longer!). I'm so excited about sailing Celebrity. We've done RCI, NCL, and Carnival in the past, our most recent being this past January on the Radiance of the Seas (oops, my mistake...did a short 4 day on the Majesty of the Seas two weeks ago!).

Anyway, we'd love to meet all you martini lovers. Can a Cosmo girl possibly fit in?

Keeping my fingers crossed that this cruise is "a go." We've booked a Cat. CC (#9127). This class of cabins sounds wonderful! Can't wait!

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LMKohler:

How long is the typical drydock?

Jaime - my goodness -- I would get confused trying to keep track of these ships and dates, but you bring up an interesting scenario.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the March 11, 2005 sailing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally at least as long as the ship that is going into it. Hope this helps! (Sorry Newt, couldn't resist)

HI, THIS IS VERY UPSETTING NEWS THAT SOME OF

THESE CRUISES MAY BE CANCELLED OR CHANGED.

wE ARE BOOKED 4/01/05 ON SUMMIT. THIS HAPPENED

TO US LAST YEAR ON THE SUMMIT WHEN WE BOOKED

FOR HAWAII, SAME STORY, BOOKINGS CLOSED FOR

INVENTORY, ETC. TOOK OVER 2 MONTHS BEFORE THEY

ADMITTED THE CRUISE WAS CANCELLED,IN THE

MEANTIME I ALSO BOOKED WITH RCL RADIANCE OF

THE SEAS AND THAT'S WHAT WE ENDED UP WITH.

PROBLEM IS THAT WE USE AIR MILES AND YOU KNOW

HOW HARD IT IS TO BOOK THEM UNLESS YOU GO WAY

IN ADVANCE. WE NEED TO BOOK BY MAY 15, 04 TO

GET OUR FLIGHT TO FLORIDA. IF THIS CRUISE IS

CANCELLED I'M STUCK FOR THESES TICKETS.

I THINK IT'S TIME TO LOOK ELSEWHERE, THIS HAS

NOT HAPPENED TO US WITH RCL OR HAL, OR WE WERE

JUST LUCKY. HOPE THIS BECOMES RESOLVED THIS

WEEK. SORRY TO VENT BUT 2 YEARS IN A ROW...TOO

MUCH.

ANN

RCCL is doing this too. Try to book Brilliance for almost the same itinerary for March 18. It's redlined also.

Last year this happened to us on the Galaxy, and it was over in about 4 weeks.

I know this won't help you as far as your sky miles, but if you want to go with another cruiseline now, I'd suggest Princess (LOTS of alternatives for our cruising dates), not RCCL, since they are the ones doing this to us!!

Take Care, and Good Luck!

Jaime

Until HOPEFULLY We're on the Summit

There are many options for Princess [4/2, 4/31, 4/8 and 4/9 either leaving out of FT.L or Miami]. My family and I decided to wait 2 more weeks for this to be cleared up and if they decide to cancel it after weeks of dragging this out this line can forget about my business. I have heard too many good things abot Princess (from this board) to stay with a cruise line that does this.

<param name="4" value=4>

</applet>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by angelpug:

RCCL is doing this too. Try to book Brilliance for almost the same itinerary for March 18. It's redlined also.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just tried booking Brilliance for 3/18/05 on Travelocity and can do so without problem. Also, the Brilliance cruise still shows up on Travelocity and the Summit does not.

As bad as I feel for my family I feel even worse for BB5953, I remember how stressful my wedding was, and I even took the "lazy guy" approach to it. I agreed with whatever the wife to be said, for the most part anyway.

We talked about what we would do if the Summit is actually cancelled over mothers day dinner and are at an impass. My mom likes the Brilliance, my father-in-law and I don't think it stops at enough ports. My father-in-law doesn't like Princess' itinerary but he really likes the Nordic Empress' itinerary as do I but it doesn't fit into our spring break schedule. Did I mention that I really like Nordic Empress' itinerary alot! We are in vacation limbo.

BB5953, if you can afford to book Princess as a fallback they are offering a $100/stateroom shipboard credit and the overall cost is substantially cheaper than Celebrity, the above is true for my 3/20/05 Dawn Princess booking anyway. I don't know how long shipboard credit is running you may want to check with your T/A.

i-m-ed -- I did not know that. Thank you! I am calling my TA right now.

<param name="4" value=4>

</applet>

Hi I-M!

I still can't get to Brilliance through Travelocity. I've been trying to get to that one since Summit went on hold. All I get as soon as I get to the screen for the date I choose (March 18, 2005) is (Copy and pasted)...

Sorry, we are unable to process your request. You may retry your request or call customer service to complete this reservation.

I asked TA about it, and was told it was also on hold right now.

I wish Celebrity would start clearing some of these cruises so we could start to breath easier.

Take Care,

Jaime

Until HOPEFULLY We're on the Summit

Archived