Tux Rental for back to back cruise ?

realtreebar

does anyone know can a person rent a tux for a back to back for the 14 day duration? Or must one a rent tux for each week? hoping for some type of answer, thanks in advance.:)

.....but you'll have to pay for it twice because it's 2 different cruises.

:(

wasiii

does anyone know can a person rent a tux for a back to back for the 14 day duration? Or must one a rent tux for each week? hoping for some type of answer, thanks in advance.:)

I'm not sure if you are talking about renting from NCL or a tux shop, but my husband was able to work out a deal with the tux shop for a 2-week rental. It was a very fair price.

No you can't rent a tux from NCL for a back to back or even for a single cruise. It has been well over 5 years since NCL offered tux rentals. Pack a blazer and enjoy your b2b.

I'm sure you must already be aware of this....but a tux on an NCL cruise while certainly welcomed, is rarely seen, even on the "dress up..or not" nights. Unless you feel an urge......but not many do.

I have traveled on over 11 NCL cruises in the past 7 years and I have never seen a Tux worn. I have no idea if the ship rents tuxes but I doubt it as I have never seen one. If you are interested in traveling in this style, and many are, then I do not believe the NCL freestyle experience will please you.:mad:

You can buy a halfway decent tux for about $200 if you shop around online. I bought one last year for my son's wedding, and it fit perfect right out of the box. I wore it three nights on our 11 day cruise last year and never felt out of place. Will be wearing it again this October as we sail the Sun to the southern Caribbean.

Me and my partner have worn tuxedos on several NCL cruises - depends on if we are flying to the port or driving to port. Less luggage if you have to fly is easier to handle and less expensive. Every time we got dressed up (when we actually fit in the tuxes we own :eek:) we got confused for the crew and get asked if we are in the show - no lie!! Twice on the Jewel - once on her maiden voyage out of NYC to N.E./Canada - the other time this past December to the Bahamas.

We have never rented for an NCL cruise - I think they deliver to you at home before you cruise versus getting it delivered on board with other cruise lines, like Princess. Just how different the cruise lines operate with the tux rental company.

Not a requirement unless you want to dress up and get a good set of formal photos. We have been there, done that - so probably not again any time soon.

We travelled with friends year before last out of Miami. They still enjoy doing a formal night so he had arranged for a tux to be sent to the hotel that they were staying in the night before the cruise (he is from Cape Cod and I think he rented it there). Kept it for our B2B and returned it after the vacation.

Enjoy!

Another option is to go to a local tux shop and look at the tuxes that are for sale. Not brand new, but gently used. DH did this for when he needed a tux for an extended length of time and found it was cheaper to buy a gently used tux, shirt, shoes and all the accessories for less than what a tux rental would be for the same amount of time.

He found a beautiful tux, no stains, rips, tears, etc. and everything else and is quite happy.

Sounds as if the only tuxedos seen on NCL are the t-shirt variety. We will be hitting three NCL cruises in the next year and I am in the minority and will miss the formal night experience of other cruiselines.Regardless, I applaud your efforts to 'raise the bar'. I will probably bring a tux on an 11 night Med cruise next year.

Highly recommend the purchase of a tux as suggested by other posters.

If you take some time to look around you can buy a nice all wool tux for well under 200 dollars. You can also find an all cotton formal shirt and leather shoes (do not need to be true formal shoes) at a good price. Then you have a good fitting outfit with better quality (most rental tuxs are not all wool, shirts are nylon/polyester, and shoes man made material). It is ready for any function you might encounter and will pay for itself after a few uses.

Good luck.

Archived