Another "So Long, Carnival" thread...

bigman01

So since you are such a CCL aficionado and have obviously seen more of what is happening than I have, are you going to try another line or stick with the ship no matter what? .

imagine trying another line and seeing there's so much better out there!

the person that only eats burgers at jack in the box thinks they have the best burgers.

"he had to move me out of the room then put me back in it to adjust the price. But somehow, he "apparently forgot to move me back."

I saw this, too. My take on a PVP job is that they book cruises for Carnival. They don't clean toilets or make towel animals, their only job is to book cruises for Carnival. Accurately. Precisely. No errors.

For some reason my impression is that a PVP job is a work-at-home type of thing where the PVP has a dedicated broadband connection and a dedicated phone line they use to do business for Carnival.

Therefore they have a responsibility to control the surroundings of their "office" so that distractions leading to misapplied booking details do not occur. No children or pets rampaging thru the "office" or soap operas on TV creating major distractions.

If their circumstances do not allow a professional setting for their employment as a PVP they need to find other work.

The lesson that I take from this is to check your booking details immediately after making them and then on a regular, if not daily, basis so corrections can be made after 'Mr Murphy' works his havoc.

Ok, here's the update - we are rebooked, back in the cabin we originally booked! So, needless to say, I am very satisfied with the final outcome! :D

I owe a BIG thank you to Mischelle (and Noreen) for doing what they did to work it out. They told me from the first time that I contacted Mischelle that they would do "whatever it takes" to make me happy, and have me back on board. They did, and I appreciate it.

So, while sometimes we feel as if no one really cares if we spend our money with Carnival or not, be assured that there ARE people at Carnival who do care.

Thank you not only to Mischelle and Noreen, but to all of you who have offered kind words and support.

:D

Not specific to Carnival, but when you talk to a CSR anyplace and they tell you there's nothing they can do, they're probably correct, there's nothing they can do because they have limited authority. The trick is to be persistent enough to find someone who can do something to help you.

E-mail is a wonderful thing. It makes even the CEO of a company accessible when they didn't used to be.

I find this totally unacceptable. To move a booked passenger from a specific room, and then say the room is no longer available is pure BS. As others have posted, OP was moved without his/her knowledge or consent, why can't the new passenger assigned the room be moved?:confused:

Just another long list of items(add customer service) people are concerned about when sailing with CCL. As a Platinum VIFP, I am starting to have concerns about the future.

This would be very disconcerting if it happened to most bookings. Does it? Or was it simply a human error? A mistake? On one booking? Perspective is important.

This would be very disconcerting if it happened to most bookings. Does it? Or was it simply a human error? A mistake? On one booking? Perspective is important.

To answer, no I don't think it happens on most bookings. But when booking a cruise, the majority book a specific category and room, place a deposit, and expect to sail in that room. The exception would be if they upgrade.

Archived