Sail Away Parties-Are they gone?

Hi Everyone!

I know there's probably a thread already...I've looked through several pages and decided to just post since everyone is so helpful on here :) so here's my question:

Are the sail away parties from ports not happening anymore? :eek:

Sail away parties still happen. The party seems to depend on where the cruise is being held. Warmer climates more parties.

Sail away parties still happen. The party seems to depend on where the cruise is being held. Warmer climates more parties.

Thanks for the reply...We're sailing out of Galveston-going Western Caribbean...I would *think* we'll have a party but who knows...again, Thanks! :D

We're going to be on the same boat! =p

Yes, there is a sail away party. It's at 4:30 on the Lido deck. However I'm with Canadian_J! Once I'm on the boat, I'll have my own Sail Away Party dagnabit :D

And btw, fellow Triumph passenger, I found all the FunTimes from one of the May 5-day cruises if you want to browse: Click here

I'm sure some stuff has changed but you can get the idea, anyway.

I'm in. Around the pool deck bars with the right attitude don't wait for CCL to throw an official sail away, start your own. Everyone should be in high spirits so it won't take much to get a fun group going. I think my last cruise in June had a sail away but I missed it hanging with a fun group around the aft pool bar.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Thanks for all the replies! I too will be having my own little party on the deck w/ DOD in hand! teehee

We're going to be on the same boat! =p

Yes, there is a sail away party. It's at 4:30 on the Lido deck. However I'm with Canadian_J! Once I'm on the boat, I'll have my own Sail Away Party dagnabit :D

And btw, fellow Triumph passenger, I found all the FunTimes from one of the May 5-day cruises if you want to browse: Click here

I'm sure some stuff has changed but you can get the idea, anyway.

****AWESOME! You should hop on our roll call...we're all meeting up at 5pm-Aft Bar-Lido after we set sail...We're all wearing Duct Tape name tags! LOL:p

OH! Thanks for the FunTimes!!!! :cool:

Thanks for the reply...We're sailing out of Galveston-going Western Caribbean...I would *think* we'll have a party but who knows...again' date=' Thanks! :D[/quote']

We had a sailaway party on my Carnival Magic Western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston on June 24, 2012. Since it was so hot, most people (including myself) did more swimming rather than dancing, but the party definitely did occur. Strangely, a review of the cruise the following week (July 1, 2012) said there was no party. Not sure if that was accurate or not.

We had a sailaway party on my Carnival Magic Western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston on June 24, 2012. Since it was so hot, most people (including myself) did more swimming rather than dancing, but the party definitely did occur. Strangely, a review of the cruise the following week (July 1, 2012) said there was no party. Not sure if that was accurate or not.

Just off the Magic last week. Were still in the Safety briefing for the sail away. Like an hour after we pushed off, CD James showed up with his staff and did some line dancing.

They always tend to do these parties at the main pool which is enclosed by two decks of loungers. To see the sail-away (at least on Magic) the party needs to be on the Stern.

we had a sailaway party in Miami on the Liberty. we went up to Lido where everyone was dancing and music was playing. It was pretty neat standing on the top deck while we did a 360 turn around in the basin before heading out to the ocean!

Great info-Thanks everyone!:D

Also' date=' I can remember having deck parties when leaving the ports of call...does anyone have any info on those? I believe one night was like a Mexican buffet / deck party that was loads of fun.[/quote']

There is a

Midnight Mexican buffet on the third night of a cruise out of Mexico on 4 or longer. On the 4th of July they substituted a US barbecue. Chocolate buffet on lido on the last day (very limited).

There is a

Midnight Mexican buffet on the third night of a cruise out of Mexico on 4 or longer. On the 4th of July they substituted a US barbecue. Chocolate buffet on lido on the last day (very limited).

Let's all send carnival a memo that everyday is the fourth of July! :D

Archived