Last disembark time?

chicagogal

Hi,

We are about to go on our first Seabourn cruise RT Istanbul around the Black Sea on Sept 1st.

Our return flight is not until 1:55 pm. What is the latest we can disembark? I am thinking maybe around 10? I need to let our transfer company know when to pick us up and we don't want to sit at the airport for hours if not neeeded. Leaving at 10 would still put us at the airport by 11, I would think, which is still nearly 3 hours before our flight time.

Thanks!

Patty

The latest we have ever disembarked was 9:30 am. The earliest was just after being cleared by Customs at 7:00 am. Keep in mind that they want you off the ship as early as possible so the ship can be readied for the next cruise. HTH

In some debarkation ports Seabourn proposes a sightseeing airport transfer. If you have time to kill, this is a practical way to do so as your suitcases stay with the bus and you are able to get in a brief visit.

Other times they offer just the group airport transfer. This is far less expensive than a private car and you can continue to chat with others from the cruise.

The latest we have ever disembarked was 9:30 am. The earliest was just after being cleared by Customs at 7:00 am. Keep in mind that they want you off the ship as early as possible so the ship can be readied for the next cruise. HTH

Thanks very much TootyJane.

In some debarkation ports Seabourn proposes a sightseeing airport transfer. If you have time to kill, this is a practical way to do so as your suitcases stay with the bus and you are able to get in a brief visit.

Other times they offer just the group airport transfer. This is far less expensive than a private car and you can continue to chat with others from the cruise.

Thanks. We are not really looking for a tour this time since we have been to Istanbul before and we will be there prior to the cruise and also overnighting there on the ship the last night of the cruise. The private transfer is only 35 Euro which seems very reasonable to me.

I was going to suggest a private sightseeing transfer, which we did some years ago, but if you have seen most of what you want to in Istanbul, then perhaps it is not for you.

The ships do definitely like everyone off the ship by 9.30 - there is nothing to do on board anyway except sit somewhere with your hand luggage.

Archived