Black Friday Sale Scenario in Summer on Miracle

mia10010

I just came back from a cruise on the Miracle on 8/2. I had a great time, and I plan on writing a review by the end of the week.

One thing that was so bizarre, was the scenario at the different sales for jewelry/watches in the shops. I normally never attend any of these "sales", but my friend was on her first cruise and she asked me to come to help her pick out one of those pandora-type bracelets. The day before one of the workers kept telling us to come early because it will be crowded. We had no idea how crowded it would be.

Well, it literally looked like one of those scenes from black Friday sales that you see on tv. There were sooooo many people grabbing bracelets, and stockpiling them while they decided which one to choose.

The scene from the watch sale was even worse. The sale was supposed to start at a certain time, but the worker was doing the raffle first, and the some people from the crowd got impatient, and they started to grab the boxes a bit early. I guess they were tired of waiting and waiting for the sale to start.

I normally only shop in the store that sells t-shirts etc, so I've never gone to these "sales" before.

Do all ships have these crazy sales?

BTW, I think that people were so crazy because the gift boxes were priced at $100 but were on sale for $25-$35. IMHO, I think Carnival paid $10 or so for the items, but most people thought they were getting a great deal.

I know they had a crazy bracelet sell on the Magic in July... Holy Cow, I thought some of the people were going to have a throw down, trying to get as many as they could, before the person beside them... I swear there was 1 lady who must of had 30-40 boxes in her arms...

I just came back from a cruise on the Miracle on 8/2. I had a great time, and I plan on writing a review by the end of the week.

One thing that was so bizarre, was the scenario at the different sales for jewelry/watches in the shops. I normally never attend any of these "sales", but my friend was on her first cruise and she asked me to come to help her pick out one of those pandora-type bracelets. The day before one of the workers kept telling us to come early because it will be crowded. We had no idea how crowded it would be.

Well, it literally looked like one of those scenes from black Friday sales that you see on tv. There were sooooo many people grabbing bracelets, and stockpiling them while they decided which one to choose.

The scene from the watch sale was even worse. The sale was supposed to start at a certain time, but the worker was doing the raffle first, and the some people from the crowd got impatient, and they started to grab the boxes a bit early. I guess they were tired of waiting and waiting for the sale to start.

I normally only shop in the store that sells t-shirts etc, so I've never gone to these "sales" before.

Do all ships have these crazy sales?

BTW, I think that people were so crazy because the gift boxes were priced at $100 but were on sale for $25-$35. IMHO, I think Carnival paid $10 or so for the items, but most people thought they were getting a great deal.

I totally agree- Saw the same crazed shoppers on my last cruise. I looked at the watches and they are NOT $100.00 items. Walked away quickly before I was stampeded. Same boxed sets at Walmart for $19.99.

I saw the same thing on my Freedom cruise in April! I bought one for myself, mom, stepmother, and mother-in-law. The timing was perfect for mothers day. The scene was unreal...the ladies huddled around the table taking the bracelets from under the sheet! The worker in the store kept yelling at them like they were children! It was sad...

Funny thing is...I STILL haven't taken the bracelet I bought myself out of the box to wear! haha

I don't like the men's watches sold in those ship sales because they have the bands that have the snap clasp and not the plain expandable type. Then when you put them on, you have to stop what you are doing to assemble the band while with the other one, you just put it on.

But that's just me!

Archived