What's the difference

jetsfan

between premium suites and vista suites? Is it just the location of the cabin or are there other ones?

This is a big trip with my mom and I just want it to be nice for her. Is there a curtain that seperates the 2 areas? I couldn't really tell from the picture.

Thank you so much.

The other difference is that the Premium suites have a desk in the living room area whereas the Vista suites do not have the desk in the living room. The desk makes the living room slightly larger (but not much) and the rest of the suite is the same. I wouldn't hesitate to book either one.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

There is a 300 pp difference between the 2 suites, is it really worth it?

I have cruised 14 times on many different lines, mostly in a balcony cabin, and love it.

A suite IS a very big deal and a special thing. I just want to pick a good one. Does any particular cabin stand out?

The other distinction is that the aft Vista suites have a beam in their balcony. It's not really a problem since the suite balconies are twice the width of the balcony double and mini-suite cabins. The vista suite cabin description will say something along the lines of "obstructed balcony view".

The other distinction is that the aft Vista suites have a beam in their balcony. It's not really a problem since the suite balconies are twice the width of the balcony double and mini-suite cabins. The vista suite cabin description will say something along the lines of "obstructed balcony view".

Not sure if there is a beam on the balcony in VS on all ships. DH and I were in a VS a couple of years back on the Island Princess and I don't recall a beam on the balcony. I've booked a VS for my February 2013 sailing on the Sapphire. It's an aft VS, so does have a beam, but given the double size balcony, a little beam should not be an issue.

I'd choose the suite less on size and more on the location. Last year we were excited to be visited by the Upgrade Fairy (we usually choose no upgrade) and be put in a suite. However, the excitement was dimmed by the location under the pool deck which proved to be noisy from the music and people playing ping pong.

Not sure if there is a beam on the balcony in VS on all ships. DH and I were in a VS a couple of years back on the Island Princess and I don't recall a beam on the balcony. I've booked a VS for my February 2013 sailing on the Sapphire. It's an aft VS, so does have a beam, but given the double size balcony, a little beam should not be an issue.

OP didn't say what ship they were on. My response was for the grand class ships. On the grand class I believe all the vista suites are aft facing and do have a beam in balcony. Here is a picture of the beam taken from a vista suite balcony:

ry%3D400

Here is a picture of the Grand Princess aft with vista suites with beams:

GrandPrincessI.jpg?t=1215982621

On caribe deck, C748/749 are premium suites, while C750/C752 are vista. The suite floor plan is the same.

Sorry, we are going on the Island Princess.

I see the beam. That would be fine with me.

My mom hasn't cruised in years, so it wouldn't bother her.

I have one more question. Does the bathroom have a door that separates the commode from shower area, or is it all together? I came across a video on YouTube and it looked like there was a door in there.

Sorry, we are going on the Island Princess.

I see the beam. That would be fine with me.

My mom hasn't cruised in years, so it wouldn't bother her.

I have one more question. Does the bathroom have a door that separates the commode from shower area, or is it all together? I came across a video on YouTube and it looked like there was a door in there.

In the VS I was in, the sink area was separate from the commode and shower/tub area. It was certainly nice to have that set-up.

On the Island, our VS was not aft-facing and I don't recall a beam on the balcony.

Archived