Another Port Canaveral Parking thread sorry! but please help :D

Rainbowfalls

I have almost made up my mind to go with the radisson since it seems to be among the cheapest and with the most positive reviews.

But while searching online second guessing myself before I fully commit, I came apon another place called Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral.

It's supposed to have barbed wire fencing and security cameras and stadium lighting. Does anyone have experience with this place? Or should I stick to Park and Cruise at the Radisson?

Also does anyone know anymore information of the rates increasing or the extra fee with shuttle services that was posted not to long ago?

Some have closed. – Who?

I have used ParkNCruise several times in the past few months ( and have them booked for this month) and find them to no more or less "comforting" than any hotel lot. I have used a few different hotel lots and find the ParkNCruise transportation to and from the ship to be more efficient that any of the hotel lots.

good luck

M

I cancelled our reservation at one of the lots (for our Dec cruise) and booked a room at a hotel where we can leave our vehicle. After reading all the mess about the port, I just felt more comfortable leaving it at the hotel and knowing we would have a place to leave it for the week (and not paying an arm & a leg like the port is charging)

Those who park at a hotel lot might consider if the parking area is fenced in.... When I see the 8 foot chain link fence at Park'nCruise, I have a feeling of a bit more security than the open parking areas around a hotel. Granted that a vehicle at any parking area "can" be gotten to and broken into, it is not as likely in a fenced/gated parking area.

Sorry – there is really no big difference in leaving the car at a hotel for a week or leaving it on a respectable parking lot. I don’t understand the “comfort” of leaving it at a hotel. Both places have activity. There are cruises leaving in and out many days of the week. Many use off site airport parking facilities - and this is really no different.

Actually I believe the Radisson lot also has leased space to a private company as the lot is advertised and open for anyone , not just those who stay there. So in effect, those who park at the Radisson are actually parking at a private lot.

The bottom line is there are several choices, You may elect to park at the port, a hotel or at a private lot.

You car will likly be safe whichever option you select - and that is what is important!

M

The risk to your vehicle is equal no matter where you park it. There are hazards with the ParknGo type lots since you have to leave your keys with some of them (lot employees taking joyrides or misusing your car while you are gone) which has already happened at one lot. Wether you park at a hotel, a private lot, the port, or a ParknGo type place; if a thief wants in your car they are going to get in it no matter what.

Archived