I booked a cabana at Half Moon Caye. Now what?

jayscore

I need some advice about booking a cabana. I have been trying to look at shore excursions on the Carnival website for my cruises and when I click on "shore excursions" it goes to a page with a picture of a towel animal doggie with a wrench in his mouth. It says the site is not currently available, undergoing routine maintenance, and will be back up soon.

This has been going on for a few months, so I called Carnival and he said I won't be able to book, or look at, shore excursions until 120 days before my cruise. I don't believe him. I swear I booked my last cabana on HMC way before 120 days out.

Anyway, why am I seeing a "routine maintenance " page, instead of the list of excursions, or a page saying excursions can't be booked yet. What do you all see when you try to look at excursions for your future cruises?

We booked our cabana for Nov 2013 last week. They show 5 shore excursions for our cruise right now. Only 7 cabanas left.

Go to Carnivals website and click on "Manage my cruise", then click on "Access my bookings", then scroll down the page and click the light blue highlighted & underlined words that say "Booking quick access", enter the 5 lines of information it asks for which includes your booking number, so have it handy. The rest you should now by heart. Once your reservation comes up, on the drop down box that says "View Details", click on it and select "Plan activities". On the page that comes up, under Activities & Shore Excursions on the left side of the page, click on "Shore Excursions". On the left side of the page where it says Narrow Search, click on the arrow and select "Half Moon Cay". You should be able to add it to your cart and book it from there. Our cruise isn't until 1/21/13 (156 days away) and I just booked our Cabana today. As soon as you click "Add to cart", a screen will come up that tells you how many are left before you finalize your transaction. For those not ready to book, you'll get some idea of how close they are to filling up without actually booking it by going this far. There were 10 left when I booked today, but only 9 now! We're really excited to have got one.

I need some advice about booking a cabana. I have been trying to look at shore excursions on the Carnival website for my cruises and when I click on "shore excursions" it goes to a page with a picture of a towel animal doggie with a wrench in his mouth. It says the site is not currently available, undergoing routine maintenance, and will be back up soon.

This has been going on for a few months, so I called Carnival and he said I won't be able to book, or look at, shore excursions until 120 days before my cruise. I don't believe him. I swear I booked my last cabana on HMC way before 120 days out.

Anyway, why am I seeing a "routine maintenance " page, instead of the list of excursions, or a page saying excursions can't be booked yet. What do you all see when you try to look at excursions for your future cruises?

I was able to book my cabana over 12 months in advance. When I initially booked the cruise (18 months in advance) I was able to see all of the excursions offered.

I am so glad that everyone likes #11. That leaves the much superior #10 for me.

IMG_0753.JPG

And me!! We were lucky to reserve #10 before the July 14th cut-off. We cannot wait to enjoy our first day at HMC!!

Catrin

They stopped letting people pick in advance when a bunch did it the beginning of July. They stopped on the 14th I believe. I was lucky and got to get my pick. We always pick the beige one/egg shell #9 by the trolley stop and bathroom. It has never been crowded there but it tend to be in the lowered numbered cabanas

I did exactly the same thing for my upcoming cruise on Liberty, and got #9. Can't wait!

HMC is one of the nicest places I have ever been. The beach is beautiful...sand is so white....Why would anyone want to stay inside a cabana...and pay money. Just sit on the beach...the waiters come by and you can order drinks....Its a great day. If you don't like the sun get a clam shell...and sit in the shade.

Clamshells cost $19 each, they WILL run out of them, and people often say they get stuffy underneath.

There isn't all that much shade at HMC, and for people who are susceptible to sunburn, the cabanas are great. They're also good if it rains. In the tropics, there's always a good chance of an afternoon or evening shower, and you can see two of them getting closer to the camera in the video posted above.

• 5 weeks later...
Go to Carnivals website and click on "Manage my cruise", then click on "Access my bookings", then scroll down the page and click the light blue highlighted & underlined words that say "Booking quick access", enter the 5 lines of information it asks for which includes your booking number, so have it handy. The rest you should now by heart. Once your reservation comes up, on the drop down box that says "View Details", click on it and select "Plan activities". On the page that comes up, under Activities & Shore Excursions on the left side of the page, click on "Shore Excursions". On the left side of the page where it says Narrow Search, click on the arrow and select "Half Moon Cay". You should be able to add it to your cart and book it from there. Our cruise isn't until 1/21/13 (156 days away) and I just booked our Cabana today. As soon as you click "Add to cart", a screen will come up that tells you how many are left before you finalize your transaction. For those not ready to book, you'll get some idea of how close they are to filling up without actually booking it by going this far. There were 10 left when I booked today, but only 9 now! We're really excited to have got one.

THANK YOU so much for this info! :) I followed your directions exactly and I got onto the excursion page!

The page is still loading, and the excursions for my cruise aren't showing up BUT at least I don't have that picture of the dog and the wrench anymore. It looks like Carnival hasn't loaded in our excursions yet, but I'll keep logging in (daily) and hopefully they will show up soon!

I have seen several "Sold out" Comments on this thread, and that's what we got on our last booking...

BUT, when we got on the ship, I went to the Excursion Desk and put my name on a waiting list. They told us to came back at noon the next day to see if anyone had cancelled. There was a cancellation, and we took it, so I figure someone is not out-of-luck until they're on the island and don't have one. Maybe the ship or the company holds out a couple for late arrivals - I don't know...

About the towels - this last cruise, we mentioned the towel question at the Excursion Desk, and were assured that the ship would be supplying them to the cabanas. When we got ashore, we went to the information/excursion desk there to check in, and asked again about towels. We had gone ashore on the first tender, along with the shoreside crew, so nothing was at the cabana when we got there.

Within fifteen minutes, here comes a jitney (boy did I just date myself) down the beach with several crew members and the trays, drinks, and sure enough, a pile of towels... I don't remember, but my wife says we've had towels in the cabana every time we have rented one.

Archived