8-16-12 Thursday Weigh-In To Your Cruise's This Year!

Belle

As all your cruise's near for you lucky ones

Don't forget to remember us sitting on our buns

Ok none of us should be sitting you know

We all should be exercising and touching our toe

You that are cruising should be eating clean

So if you gain you'll still be lean

If on a cruise ship or at home we know to eat right

Sometimes easier to do at home then on a ship day and night

We don't have to cook, clean or serve everyday

So easy to eat and say..What the hey

So if at home or on a ship we need to walk some miles

But think doing it on a ship we might have bigger smiles

So another week down for us all

Another pound lost I hope for everyone to call

So nice of you all to think of me.

Computer fine now..till the next time!

Got my stiches out and then got a couple

of little things done. What you get for

enjoying the sun and doing everything outside.

Living in So. Ca and spending the summer at the river.

Don't forget sun screen everyone!!!

Your cruise's are coming soon, well some of you.

Others have ones later.

Jo just got back from a cruise...Hope you had a

good time.

Then Mcfam leaving tomorrow on a cruise. Bon Voyage!

Some leaving in Sept. and then others later in the year!

Bon Voyage to you all!

Everyone have a good weigh-in and weekend.

Belle- Glad your computer is better and you are feeling better as well. I am a classic red head with very fair skin and I watch the sun like a hawk. Does not take long for me to burn to a crisp.

Well I proved it to my self that I could do it and since 8/2 I lost 2.5 lbs. Yes!!

I am now down to 152.5 and that puts me within a whisker of 20 lbs total. Next week is going to be really hard. DH and I will be in Florida all week and eating out a lot with no easy way to exercise. It is going to be too hot to exercise outside and the complex does not have a gym.

Started this at 186.1 (started overall at 193.3)

Last weigh in (yesterday) i was 183.2. I think last week i was 184.6, so....

1.4 loss for the week, 10.1 loss overall :-)

All that being said - I got my bloodwork back and the numbers are NOT good. Matter of fact, they are the WORST they've ever been.

I have always been told if i lost weight, my numbers would go down, so why is it that i lost 10 lbs and my total cholesterol shot up 40 points??? I feel so defeated from this. I thought sure that my blood work would come back better than my last one. :( I cried a little when I saw the numbers. I'm frustrated. I've done all this and for what, to be less healthy? I might as well go back to eating whatever i want, whenever i want it because then at least my cholesterol was 40 points lower. :(

ariawoman- Don't give up hope. Long term you will feel lots better when you weight less. It just may take a little while for the new diet and exercise to kick in where you would like.

Short term you may want to check the fat content of your new foods. I am hypoglycemic so my blood sugar fluctuates a lot. I need protein in snacks and breakfast to keep me even and my favorite is cheese. That would not be a good plan for you because of the fat content. There may be others that, on the surface sound good for you, but once you look at the ingredients would not be a good choice for your situation.

Stick to it and your body will thank you.:)

ariawoman- Don't give up hope. Long term you will feel lots better when you weight less. It just may take a little while for the new diet and exercise to kick in where you would like.

Short term you may want to check the fat content of your new foods. I am hypoglycemic so my blood sugar fluctuates a lot. I need protein in snacks and breakfast to keep me even and my favorite is cheese. That would not be a good plan for you because of the fat content. There may be others that, on the surface sound good for you, but once you look at the ingredients would not be a good choice for your situation.

Stick to it and your body will thank you.:)

Thanks. I know I shouldn't get disgusted, it's just that well, I really "felt" like this time I'd be finally going in the right direction, so it was a huge shock to have jumped to an all time HIGH chol level. My sugar was fine. My HDL is fine. My LDL was crap and my triglycerides were high.

However i wonder...and stay with me here....

The week leading into my bloodwork I had a lot more red meat than I usually have. Could that be a culprit?? I know that could prob impact triglycerides (fat in blood) but I wonder about the LDL. I made a pot roast on sunday 8/5 and i ate it like 5 or 6 times in like 8 days I'd guess. Could that do it?

Yeah bad, even though I was portioning and counting calories, maybe the red meat increased was not so much with the good side of ideas lol

OOOOOooooo. Pot roast. Yumm! Still too hot to turn the oven on but now I really want pot roast. :(

You could be right about the chol levels being high from that. The next time you have blood work try being really good with your diet the week before. You know, lots of good fish and chicken. It may make all the difference.

Unless your Dr's really concerned about your levels just keep being good and maybe not so much red meat/high chol foods all at once.

OOOOOooooo. Pot roast. Yumm! Still too hot to turn the oven on but now I really want pot roast. :(

You could be right about the chol levels being high from that. The next time you have blood work try being really good with your diet the week before. You know, lots of good fish and chicken. It may make all the difference.

Unless your Dr's really concerned about your levels just keep being good and maybe not so much red meat/high chol foods all at once.

No oven required...i cook it in a crock pot for about 16 hours. Falls apart and is so juicy. SO good. But yeah, probably part of the issue. I'll have to plan it better next time.

I unfortunately dont like any fish, so it'll have to be chicken or pork or something. I also got lax on taking my vitamins for the past few months - might not be helping matters.

Sigh.

Hopefully next time will be better....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Blew it just like I feared. 188 this morning, up 1 from last week. So much for 180 by end of the month. Still going to get 180, just take a little longer than originally planned.

My new job has me out in the field all day, everyday, so I'm going to try something a little different (for me anyways). 1200 calories a day, keep 600 for dinner (before 6:00pm) leaves 600 spread over 12 hours. Eat 100 calories every hour or two until dinner, then done. No hunger, no peaks and valleys, and easy to keep track. We'll see...

Hello,

I stayed the same. Didn't think I would lose, ate 2 dinners out and not the healthiest food.

For my cruise in 2 weeks I will have to make sure I workout a lot to minimize gain. Will be tough with hubby's bad ankle. Will have to leave him in the room while I work out in the gym.

For the challenge I'm still down only 2 lbs. but better than nothing.

Belle, glad things are ok.

Good job to the losers, keep going. Have a good week, Diana

HI all!

ariawoman ~ I know what you mean by frustration! I've been doing my exercises diligently & my knee doesn't seem to be improving after 11 weeks!!:mad: We just have to hang in there.

I really enjoyed my little 5 night cruise & a day at my DS' cottage but have come home 4 lbs heavier!!:eek: Guess it was those 3 farm type meals each day & 3 snacks offered

(not all taken).;) Oh well I'm just under 140, still 21 lbs down from around this time last year.

See you next week!

~ Jo~ :)

Archived