Just back from 7 days medditerenian on the Epic

We liked it very much.

Entertainment : the best for us was Blue men group. It was amazing.

Ports : We skipped Marseille (sunbathing on the ship). Livorno we went straight to Pisa and saw the famous tower it was very nice but many tourists and very busy.

Cannes we liked also we drank a nice beer in a french cafe and did a little shopping. We also enjoyd to see all the expencive cars and beautifull yachts. We had a swim in the sea and did a little sunbathing at the beach.

Barcelon we wnt with the "hop on hop off bus". We did see the sagrada familia wich was very impressive but then we wanted to go in and there was a line i think half a mile long so we skipped that. After that we went to the stadium off FC Barcelona. I am a soccer fan so that was for me one off the highlights.

At last we took a little strawl oveer th "Ramblas"

In Naples we took a tour from NCL "Mount Vesuvius and Pompei"

It was very hoy that day and climbing up to the Vesuvius was a little hard , but it was worth it. Very nice view from up there.

I think we only did not had to much time up there.

Pompei was also very impressive and there you can see how the romans were for that time a very modern culture.

Back to the ship.

We didn't do everything on the ship because we like the sun and a swim and we spend much time at H2O spice.

A few nights we went O'Sheehan and had a nice beer.

By the way when the english is not so good forgive mee because i am from holland and i am not so good in english typing.

The crew was very nice and every wish you had they wanted to help you with that.

Was everything good about this cruise????

We had an inside cabin so when we woke up in the morning we could not have a look out off the window that was a shame maybe next time a cabin with balcony.

And I found it not so good that every announcement they did say it in english,spanish, german and last but not least in French.

For now i cannot think off anything else.

But if you questions ask away.

Your English is just fine. Glad you had a good time. I liked hanging out at Spice H2O. I'm not much of a sun worshipper since I don't tan but instead just turn three different shades of red. It's my Scottish heritage. :)

I liked to sit at the top part of H2O where they have the beach umbrellas by the bar and just people watch. Lots of fun.

Do they still put food out up there? I remember there was some good Indian food and grilled chicken.

The food at H2O spice i don't know if it was good but it must be because onthe whole ship i liked the food.

When we had a day in the sun and it was about 4 o'clock i left my wife at the pool and i went up the stair under the umbrella in the shade to have one or two beers in the shade and read a little and watch the people.

Thanks for the review, we will be on the Epic in Feb 2013.

Posting pictures is complicated. You need to upload them to a website like photobucket.com or snapfish.com. Then you need to copy them, one at a time, and paste them into your reply window here. Remember to make the pictures bigger so that we get a good look at them.

Your English is fine. It's not like we could speak any Dutch when were in Amsterdam (even though my wife is Dutch on her mother's side.)

Where is the best place to get sun? Were the beach chairs hogged. Did NCL enforce not reserving beach chairs.

Did you go to the blue's club? Was the Slam Allen group the group there? (I do hope he is not on vacation.)

We went to the blue men group and they are really good. They interact with the audience and that was great. A show you have to see.

Also we listened to the group "twice as nice".

That was more the easy listening and that was very nice with a cocktail or a beer.

The meals are all very good.

We once went to a speciality restaurant(Moderno) and that was very good.

They keep coming with the meat until you HAVE to say NO!!!!!! more.

We always went to the H2O spice. There you can get a lot of sun and it is much quieter than were the waterslides are.

And i must say we have 2 kids but i liked it that there were no kids allowed in the H2O. And there is not the loud music.

We went to the H2O at 8.30 or 9.00 and we found always a place even on seadays. When you come later then you are maybe to late on seadays.

When there are 4000 people on board its no wonder that at 11.00 all chairs are full. I once saw 2 chairs there were towels on it at 8.30 and at 12.00 ther was still nobody.

When you tell this to the waiters they took action but i cannot imagine that they can always look at that.

Archived