Clarification re alcoholic beverage please.

CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I know, oh no not another question about alcohol.

I apologize in advance but I have spent the morning and half the afternoon reading pages and pages on here plus the Disney website trying to clarify exactly what you can take on board. Have only traveled with P&O and Carnival in the past hence the question. I did try to find the answer myself honest, so if some kind soul could let me know please or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Basically we have just had the opportunity presented to do a last minute out of PC and we wanted to take some champagne, a 750 bottle of wine, a six pack of beer and some different hard liquor miniatures rather than one large bottle of hard liquor. Would all this be allowed? (I have established anything liquid has to be in carry on, there is a corkage fee in MDR etc. and no drinking it in public oh and no coolers)!

Many thanks.

Each person is allowed to bring one carry on of alcohol. Must be consumed in stateroom.

I got this of the DCl website. Also, you can pick up alchol in ports to drink in your room. DCL does not confiscate and hold until last night of cruise.

Preparing For Your Cruise

Question

May Guests bring alcohol onboard?

Answer

While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

Outside alcohol cannot be consumed in any lounge or public area

At Palo and Remy, a $20 corkage fee will be charged for outside wine and champagne

Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension

Please note: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

I apologize in advance but I have spent the morning and half the afternoon reading pages and pages on here plus the Disney website trying to clarify exactly what you can take on board. Have only traveled with P&O and Carnival in the past hence the question. I did try to find the answer myself honest, so if some kind soul could let me know please or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Basically we have just had the opportunity presented to do a last minute out of PC and we wanted to take some champagne, a 750 bottle of wine, a six pack of beer and some different hard liquor miniatures rather than one large bottle of hard liquor. Would all this be allowed? (I have established anything liquid has to be in carry on, there is a corkage fee in MDR etc. and no drinking it in public oh and no coolers)!

Many thanks.

As PP noted you may bring onboard whatever (and however many) beverages you wish. DCL requests that whatever beverages you bring onboard by in your carryon bags, not checked bags.

There is no limit on the number of carryon (or checked) bags you may have. Just be aware you will have to wrangle your carryon bags until the rooms open (generally about 1:30). Carry on bags must fit through the scanner (max size 22X14X9).

:)

Thank you both very much that helps my planning a lot.

We are not 'Wineos" normally but like to have a few pre dinner drinks on the balcony and didn't want to break any rules and not really into smuggling things on ships either so thought it was best to ask the experts out there.

Thanks again.

Many thanks.

Yep you can take all that!:D

As PP noted you may bring onboard whatever (and however many) beverages you wish. DCL requests that whatever beverages you bring onboard by in your carryon bags, not checked bags.

There is no limit on the number of carryon (or checked) bags you may have. Just be aware you will have to wrangle your carryon bags until the rooms open (generally about 1:30). Carry on bags must fit through the scanner (max size 22X14X9).

:)

Sorry, I forgot that there is no limit because I tell my husband that he is allowed to only take one bag of alcohol. We always have too much left since he brings couple liters of scotch, gin, etc..

Archived