28th July 2012 Independence of the Seas Review, followed by pics/video

Thank you so much for posting all this information. We are on the IOS for the same itinerary this Saturday, and it made us even more excited reading your review than we were before.

You don't happen to have the menus for the cruise. We want to book a table for the speciality restaurants but want to do this on a night when the MDR food is not to our liking.

My friend is disabled, although not a full-time wheelchair user. We have booked the same tour as you in in Toulon. How difficult will it be for someone disabled. I am not sure whether to take the wheelchair or rollator with us. He much prefers using the Rollator, although if there is a lot of walking it may be best to take the wheelchair. How long did you spend in cassis? Was there time to take a boat ride?

Thank you for any tips you may be able to give us.

Thank you so much for posting all this information. We are on the IOS for the same itinerary this Saturday, and it made us even more excited reading your review than we were before.

You don't happen to have the menus for the cruise. We want to book a table for the speciality restaurants but want to do this on a night when the MDR food is not to our liking.

My friend is disabled, although not a full-time wheelchair user. We have booked the same tour as you in in Toulon. How difficult will it be for someone disabled. I am not sure whether to take the wheelchair or rollator with us. He much prefers using the Rollator, although if there is a lot of walking it may be best to take the wheelchair. How long did you spend in cassis? Was there time to take a boat ride?

Thank you for any tips you may be able to give us.

I am not sure how easy it will be for your friend. You have free time in Sanary-sur-Mer first, which is flat. You then go to Notre-Dame de la Garde, which requires walking up quite a few steps, so that might be an issue. When you go to Cassis, there is a walk down into the harbour area, which is cobbled and not really suitable for a wheelchair, and so they may have trouble getting back up that path.

I believe we had around 2 hours in Cassis, so yes there is time to take one of the boat rides.

Unfortunately I do not have the menus for this cruise. The menu for that day is up in the entrance to the dining rooms all day though, so you could go look in the morning and then decide. Hopefully you should be able to get a spot if you book in the morning.

That sounds fine. There tends to be a rush of cars at around 10/11 which takes a while to clear, so it will be quieter when you arrive.

thank you for the conformation. I wasn't really sure if that was a good time or not.

Now do I head to the WJ or Cafe Prominarde. Think the crowds in the WJ will have died down by then?

thank you for the conformation. I wasn't really sure if that was a good time or not.

Now do I head to the WJ or Cafe Prominarde. Think the crowds in the WJ will have died down by then?

I think 12/1 will probably be the busiest time in the Windjammer. I went to Sorrentos, which obviously Adventure does not have, but Cafe Promenade will be just as good. There is no harm in going to see if there is anywhere to sit in WJ though.

• 2 weeks later...
Well that is me well and truly done. I hope you have enjoyed the second lot of photos, especially the ones of the places I missed the first time around.

Again any questions you have I will be happy to answer.

littlesteelo :)

Thanks for this posting, it's given me and the wife a good idea of what to look forward to when we do this cruise on 22nd Sept.

Quick question, Provance, Cadiz and Vigo how easy is it to just get off the boat and go wandering?

Thanks for this posting, it's given me and the wife a good idea of what to look forward to when we do this cruise on 22nd Sept.

Quick question, Provance, Cadiz and Vigo how easy is it to just get off the boat and go wandering?

Cadiz and Vigo you can just walk off the ship easily and go into town.

Provence is a little harder. You don't actually dock in Toulon itself, but at La Seyne Sur-Mer, across the bay from Toulon. If you want to get to Toulon, you can get the bus there, or get the ferry across the bay.

• 7 months later...

Just been reading and viewing the pictures, and I am in one so is my nephew, I was in the Christopher Carress show, great cruise, great ship going back on board this year.

Previous cruises

Indy twice

Ocean Village

Canberra 7 times

Oriana

Arcadia

Aurora

Oceana

Plus one other ship went to Fred Olsen

Hi

Excellent review with great photo's. We are off on the same itinerary in June, apart from Ajaccio which has been changed to Cartagena.

Really looking forward to, what will hopefully be, warmer weather.

Paul

Archived