Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Hi! I used to work out of LGA and used to go to both the city and to JFK on a regular basis. The EASIEST (from both airports) way is the Express Bus. It goes to Port Authority Terminal at 8th avenue and 42nd st. From there you can take a cab. There is no luggage size/amount limitation.

If you take the Air Train to the A train. That can take over 2 1/2 hours, which I feel is Waay too long! I've done it, its miserable! Its also miserable to maneuver your luggage through the Subway elevators.:eek: If anything take the Air train to Jamaica and jump on LIRR. I have always found the bus to be the easiest, most direct way (aside from a private car service)

Thanks everyone for the tips. Great info/help

Hi! I used to work out of LGA and used to go to both the city and to JFK on a regular basis. The EASIEST (from both airports) way is the Express Bus. It goes to Port Authority Terminal at 8th avenue and 42nd st. From there you can take a cab. There is no luggage size/amount limitation.

If you take the Air Train to the A train. That can take over 2 1/2 hours, which I feel is Waay too long! I've done it, its miserable! Its also miserable to maneuver your luggage through the Subway elevators.:eek: If anything take the Air train to Jamaica and jump on LIRR. I have always found the bus to be the easiest, most direct way (aside from a private car service)

Do you know which is closest by taxi to the Manhattan cruise terminal: Port Authority, Grand Central or Penn Station? The Newark Airport Bus stops at all three and was wondering which stop to get off. I looked at a map and it looks like Port Authority is the closest, but not being all that familiar with NYC, thought I should ask. Thanks.

Typically with Amtrak, the rule of thumb is that if you can carry it on yourself without assistance and store it, they aren't going to give you a hard time in regard to size or weight. There are luggage areas at the end of the car where you can stash your bags.

Luggage regulations are typically enforced during peak hours when there are lots of business travelers using the train, and the train is full. On a Saturday or Sunday morning, there shouldn't be an issue finding luggage space.

Do you know which is closest by taxi to the Manhattan cruise terminal: Port Authority, Grand Central or Penn Station? The Newark Airport Bus stops at all three and was wondering which stop to get off. I looked at a map and it looks like Port Authority is the closest, but not being all that familiar with NYC, thought I should ask. Thanks.

Yes, Port Authority is closest to the pier.

Port Authority is at 8th ave and 42nd st, the closest. When you arrrive on the bus, there's a taxi stand right there as well.

"Taxi to Penn Station ($10-15), Long Island Rail Road to Jamaica ($9 weekends/$13 weekday peak), and AirTrain monorail to the terminals ($5)."

We're staying in NYC for two nights after our cruise, and plan to take the LIRR back to JFK just for the adventure (daylight hours). Just cannot be on a bus or in a taxi for more than 30 minutes! :eek: Sounds like either of these could take forever due to traffic or city events or weather.

Freestyle: you are such a tease :p:D

Actually to be honest, as beautiful a lady as Breakaway is (or as much as we can see of her), while we all wait for our chance to "date" her, I think we can all agree...she is one hell of a tease!!! :D:D:D

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand the strategy behind the lack of info.

You would think they would post new info as much as possible, the more posts the more traffic to their site, the more traffic the more bookings.

What additional info are you expecting?

We know the ents line up

We know the senior crew, Hotel/cruise directors

We know that most of the venues mirror that on Epic and so the food venues like Cagneys/Moderno will have the same menus.

We know her deck plans and schematics

We know the cabin grades/types and that they have proper bathrooms except Studios which are the same as Epic (shower in room/separate toilet)

We know the open decks now have access on the Port side up to the sun decks above the Haven to get forward views.

We know Slam is switching from Epic to Breakaway

We know Drew and co will be howling at the moon from the first NY sailing (different set of duelling pianists for the crossing)

And in a couple of weeks we will have more photos and vids than time to look and watch.

They've even released info down to the level the cabins will have light-switch style switches for do not disturb/make up my room. Presumably an LED outside the cabin door will change accordingly.. :)

What additional info are you expecting?

We know the ents line up

We know the senior crew, Hotel/cruise directors

We know that most of the venues mirror that on Epic and so the food venues like Cagneys/Moderno will have the same menus.

We know her deck plans and schematics

We know the cabin grades/types and that they have proper bathrooms except Studios which are the same as Epic (shower in room/separate toilet)

We know the open decks now have access on the Port side up to the sun decks above the Haven to get forward views.

We know Slam is switching from Epic to Breakaway

We know Drew and co will be howling at the moon from the first NY sailing (different set of duelling pianists for the crossing)

And in a couple of weeks we will have more photos and vids than time to look and watch.

They've even released info down to the level the cabins will have light-switch style switches for do not disturb/make up my room. Presumably an LED outside the cabin door will change accordingly.. :)

Hey Craig!

For me, I'm waiting on floor plans for the S3, which I'm booked in, but don't know if it's going to work. Haven suites are dwindling, so I may be stuck in a cabin I'm paying a premium for but don't really want.

Others are waiting on S6 and S7 for similar reasons.

Many of the descriptions on NCL's site and others (since they provided the information) are wrong. Like very wrong. The photos they show are impossible as the bathrooms aren't on the ocean side, or claiming there are forward facing balconies when it's clear that under the bridge, forward facing are only windows.

That sort of thing.

For me, the staff, entertainment, menus can wait, I think the deck plans should be right, you should get what you paid for.

What I would like to know is what's going on in the city with her arrival on the 7th? I know she's leaving on a promo sail on the 8th for 2 days. Does anyone have any details on what's going on between the day she arrives on the 7th and until she departs to Bermuda on the 12th?

I've heard about Fireworks, but no real details. I've heard about the Rockettes and the Christening, but again, no real details..... anyone?

Thanks!:D

Hey Craig!

For me, I'm waiting on floor plans for the S3, which I'm booked in, but don't know if it's going to work. Haven suites are dwindling, so I may be stuck in a cabin I'm paying a premium for but don't really want.

Others are waiting on S6 and S7 for similar reasons.

Many of the descriptions on NCL's site and others (since they provided the information) are wrong. Like very wrong. The photos they show are impossible as the bathrooms aren't on the ocean side, or claiming there are forward facing balconies when it's clear that under the bridge, forward facing are only windows.

That sort of thing.

For me, the staff, entertainment, menus can wait, I think the deck plans should be right, you should get what you paid for.

Ahh. Yes I see some differences on the suite pics..

The rest of the ship will be fully documented once I'm onboard :)

Archived