Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Found an interesting object- a portable folding hammock

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/portable-folding-hammock.aspx?a=619954

Could work nicely. Just stick a luggage tag on it, and your all set. Be sure to watch video. Sets up pretty easy. Its also available on Amazon.

hmmmmmm, its got good reviews as well, I think I might bite into this.

That's pretty sweet! Definitely might get one or two of those if loungers won't be available on aft decks.

I've looked at these as well, but keep in mind that they tend to be a little cumbersome to lug around when folded packed (like a folding camp chair or tailgate chair when packed, but bigger/longer; a good example can be seen here on Amazon). Definitely not something you can pack into a suitcase, for example. That's why, if I do any kind of hammock at all, I'll bring a Mayan-style cotton hammock. Packs easily into a suitcase, apparently very comfortable as well, and easy to string up on a balcony - assuming you aren't on a balconette ;).

I've looked at these as well, but keep in mind that they tend to be a little cumbersome to lug around when folded packed (like a folding camp chair or tailgate chair when packed, but bigger/longer; a good example can be seen here on Amazon). Definitely not something you can pack into a suitcase, for example. That's why, if I do any kind of hammock at all, I'll bring a Mayan-style cotton hammock. Packs easily into a suitcase, apparently very comfortable as well, and easy to string up on a balcony - assuming you aren't on a balconette ;).

Did you notice if they sell bouncy castles on amazon? Thinking about getting one of those for my balcony. . Or a trampoline so I can pop up and say hi to gambee

Did you notice if they sell bouncy castles on amazon? Thinking about getting one of those for my balcony. . Or a trampoline so I can pop up and say hi to gambee

I got you covered:

http://www.amazon.com/Castle-Inflatable-Bounce-House-Slide/dp/B000W3JIX0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367351425&sr=8-4&keywords=inflatable+castle

:D

I hear you about the hauling part...but we will be driving to the Manhattan terminal so going through airports for us isn't an issue (which would be a real pain) Plus I think I wouldn't mind putting one up on our own deck or in the backyard somewhere. I could constantly and easily move it to find the shade (to keep the beer cold! :D )

In one of the videos posted on youtube, they had a credit card in the slot and it worked, so it appears you can use any type of card

I used my Sam's Club card in the slot on the Epic and it worked fine, however the Epic didn't lose power to the outlets if you didn't have a card in there.

That is a serious design flaw to have all the power turn off if no one is in the room.

A snapshot from a video posted by CC member "lynnquenby" which showed a view I have not seen until now which may be of interest to others.

2jrvuq.jpg

It's a little hard to tell based on the curvature of the image...but I think there will be a fair amount of privacy on lower aft decks from upper aft decks. (maybe there's other images that show it better but I haven't noticed one yet)

Can't wait to hear from some of the first cruises to Bermuda if afts will be good places to view the fireworks.

I hear you about the hauling part...but we will be driving to the Manhattan terminal so going through airports for us isn't an issue (which would be a real pain) Plus I think I wouldn't mind putting one up on our own deck or in the backyard somewhere. I could constantly and easily move it to find the shade (to keep the beer cold! :D )

Me too. As I said, I'll just put a luggage tag on it and check it with the rest of my luggage. I see people doing that with cases of water/soda, and in the case this looks like it could be golf clubs! Perfect for Bermuda ;)

I also like the idea of using it on the beach, and I could definitely use it in my yard.

Me too. As I said, I'll just put a luggage tag on it and check it with the rest of my luggage. I see people doing that with cases of water/soda, and in the case this looks like it could be golf clubs! Perfect for Bermuda ;)

I also like the idea of using it on the beach, and I could definitely use it in my yard.

Just curious..don't folks on Long Island refer to "soda" as "pop" ? ...or is that only an upstate thing?!?! ;)

DH has finally managed to get his photos online. So here you find the complete gallery. Those interested in cabin photos look here and The Haven can be found here. Videos are to follow (especially walking The Plank :D). So are interactive panorama photos.

steamboats

I said these are great photos earlier but In case anyone missed them I would check them out.

Covers almost every cabin cat ( maybe all of them) and many areas of the ship

Archived