Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

That is a fair point on all counts. I do have a feeling if the sundeck on Epic was opened to all, it was probably because it was being underutilized.

Of course I am saying this now, but I do often think about pulling the trigger on a suite..... I'm cheap though and want to retire by my early 50's (41 now), so even getting a balcony gives me an ulcer :).

Very true, it was underutilized, but simply because of a design flaw on the builders'/designers' end. We only found the Sundeck after a few days, because as a Haven guest, you had to go thru the (mens or womens) locker rooms, up a stairway, and past what looked like a dead end to get there. Very poor design. Once the gate was opened from the public Sundeck, it was much easier to find! A lot of Haven guests didn't even know it was there..

If you're planning on retiring in your early 50's don't ever sail in a suite :D!

Robin

I love the haven and I am very happy that it has 2 levels so if kids want to splash and have fun in the pool it really wont affect me too much. Maybe I am missing something but aside from the cabanas (which has to be paid for) I fail to see what the draw is. What does Vibe have that the haven does not?

No kids? :D I hope on my sailing that all the kidlets will be in school. But it is the main school holidays in Australia in January so families from this region could be cruising then. :eek:

402-3759-1278-00-yyy?$thumbnail$wouldn't it be funny if you placed these around the ship? I put a row along the driveway last summer in my condo. People woke up and started cllling each other including me:D saying did you see what these college kids did, roflmaooooooooooooo I was the college kid. I did tell me after awhile

I love the haven and I am very happy that it has 2 levels so if kids want to splash and have fun in the pool it really wont affect me too much. Maybe I am missing something but aside from the cabanas (which has to be paid for) I fail to see what the draw is. What does Vibe have that the haven does not?

Smoking and a bar ;):D... And no kids hogging the hot tub... Hehehe..

Robin

402-3759-1278-00-yyy?$thumbnail$wouldn't it be funny if you placed these around the ship? I put a row along the driveway last summer in my condo. People woke up and started cllling each other including me:D saying did you see what these college kids did, roflmaooooooooooooo I was the college kid. I did tell me after awhile

Love it! I have a few , it's a start! :D

Robin

I have been reading about the Haven and complimentary access to Vibe with great interest. One of the main reasons I booked a Haven suite was to escape the crowds and haven a quiet, relaxed atmosphere on deck during the day while enjoying the great entertainment and specialty restaurants and entertainment at night. (This may also answer other posters' questions on why people simply don't book a luxury cruise line - been there, still doing that but want to have different experiences!)

I was increasingly nervous about my Haven experience when numerous people have commented on the numbers of screaming kids running all over the place.

I was asking myself: "I paid all this extra and now I have to pay even more for an adults only area?". On Celebrity's Solstice-class ships, I can get the stunning adults-only solarium for free.

But then, I could turn the argument around on its head and say, if I've already paid this much, what's another $160 for two for an adults only area adjacent to the Haven? All it would take is 60 couples in the Haven to decide they wanted to splurge for this benefit and suddenly Vibe would be sold out - before any non-Haven passengers boarded as we would be on the ship well before general boarding.

It's complicated!

Ok, after reading many of these crumb cake threads I realized I don't know crumb cake so i googled it. Is it the same as coffee cake? They look the same to me.

They are close, but main difference is the amount of crumbs. Crumb cake is more crumbs then cake, the coffee cake is more cake then crumb. Carlos crumb cake is about 2" of crumb to 3/4" cake.

I have been reading about the Haven and complimentary access to Vibe with great interest. One of the main reasons I booked a Haven suite was to escape the crowds and haven a quiet, relaxed atmosphere on deck during the day while enjoying the great entertainment and specialty restaurants and entertainment at night. (This may also answer other posters' questions on why people simply don't book a luxury cruise line - been there, still doing that but want to have different experiences!)

I was increasingly nervous about my Haven experience when numerous people have commented on the numbers of screaming kids running all over the place.

I was asking myself: "I paid all this extra and now I have to pay even more for an adults only area?". On Celebrity's Solstice-class ships, I can get the stunning adults-only solarium for free.

But then, I could turn the argument around on its head and say, if I've already paid this much, what's another $160 for two for an adults only area adjacent to the Haven? All it would take is 60 couples in the Haven to decide they wanted to splurge for this benefit and suddenly Vibe would be sold out - before any non-Haven passengers boarded as we would be on the ship well before general boarding.

It's complicated!

Good points. But lots of passengers have priority boarding thru latitudes and other things.

I have read all of the soda/pop posts and cannot resist adding that here in Boston we call it tonic. Ok....now back to the pics. :-)

Hehehe. Quick story: lived in Boston for a few years. Had some coworkers over one night, asked what they wanted to drink. tonic, diet tonic, etc... So, I bought a LOT of diet tonic water and regular tonic water.. Needless to say, I was embarrassed lol...

Robin

I think Joeski should get a flamingo and I will bring one for my cruise. BTW I think Suites guest go on ship before lattitudes. Fishbait go ahead bring some shiny happy tacky stuff it can make ya happy:D most people try to hard to be uptight and sophisticated

It's complicated!

The haven does still have an area where you are likely to be at peace without kids. The second level tends to stay quiet.

I think Joeski should get a flamingo and I will bring one for my cruise. BTW I think Suites guest go on ship before lattitudes. Fishbait go ahead bring some shiny happy tacky stuff it can make ya happy:D most people try to hard to be uptight and sophisticated

Love me some shiny happy tacky stuff. You should see my "Garden of Religion". :D

Robin

And I think there are only 34 suites... May be wrong..

Robin

42 Suites in the Haven proper

42 Haven Suites (Aft & Fwd Penthouses, Haven Spa Suites)

Total = 84 Suites

42 Suites in the Haven proper

42 Haven Suites (Aft & Fwd Penthouses, Haven Spa Suites)

Total = 84 Suites

Holy moly batman! I was just a *tad* off.. Anyone know the capacity vs the capacity on the Epic suites?

Robin

And I think there are only 34 suites... May be wrong..

Robin

I believe there are a total of 80 suites, all of which have priority boarding and then the latitudes. I suspect it will be quickly sold out.

edit/// just saw your new total... lol, know I have to recount

Robin, please, please, please post some pics of your Garden of Religion! Being from NJ myself, I have visions of Mary on the clamshell, etc.

Funny, when I lived in NJ I went down the shore on the weekends. now I live in VA and I go to the beach in NC and SC. Things get really wacky when I say y'all and you guys in the same sentence.

One can never have too many flamingos...

The "Garden of Religion " is a sacred place.. LOL not, really... We have statues around our back yard representing every religion (that we can find anyway)... Tied to God, but no dogma, everything is related to the goodness of people.. Moses is holding tablets stating my hubby's rule for teenagers.. There is one neon flamingo, we ARE tasteful people lol.. My backyard was built for parties.. I only wish I could find a Mary on a Clamshell!!!!

Robin

Wow I feel like I got a vocabulary lesson reading the thread. You guys are very entertaining.

I am going to be a steerage level passenger. I told my daughter we were staying in a closet in the basement (an inside cabin on deck 5). Lol, the look on her face was priceless.

My sister just came back from a semester at sea. Her and her family sailed to 13 countries. Talk about jealousy. During some of her time in port they visited a village were the people lived in actual dumpsters, they call them "containers". It makes me feel very fortunate to be able board a ship like the Breakaway and bring along my daughter. Even if I'm going to wake up in a cabin without a coffee pot. :(. Do you think I can get one of those from a steward?

In Philadelphia we have sodas with our hoagies. But, I think the oil and oregano makes it different from a traditional sub. I rarely eat hoagies or cheesesteaks outside of NJ, PA or NY. In my family we take day trips to the beach (wildwood). And AC is just AC.

My lil garden has a frog prince that I may or may not have kissed. He has a sigh kiss me so I did. I have a. Pink flamingo and a bronze flamingo with feathers in her hair and a gnome I may take as my travel partner he needs clothes

😛🐸💋

There are lines that will be longer and slower than expected but so what...I am in that line to do something not many people are fortunate to be doing. I may get splashed while I'm at the pool but I'll be thankful to feel the water and see the joy in little ones at play.

I am having the time of my life!

Enjoy your cruise everyone! We will for sure. :)

Well Said!...

Namaste!:)

[quote name=pyrrhus;38233517

Of course I am saying this now' date=' but I do often think about pulling the trigger on a suite..... I'm cheap though and want to retire by my early 50's (41 now), so even getting a balcony gives me an ulcer :).[/quote]

Your living Now! Enjoy it now. Tomorrow may never come!

Smoking and a bar ;):D... And no kids hogging the hot tub... Hehehe..

Robin

If there's too much smoking at the bar, then I'm all for being in the hot tub with the kids.

Sometimes you need to realize that what you want, is not what the rest of us want.....and we all need to get along! ...Hehehe..

I love the smell of smoke, but its the sound of kids laughter that makes me know that I'm alive.

I can only hope that the parents of those kids are making sure that their kids are not getting out of hand. Adults need to be respectful of kids, and kids need to be respectful of adults.

But then again, there will be lots of parents sitting at the bar having a smoke, and not worrying what their kids are doing.

Kids will be kids! It's the parents that need to take control. Don't blame the children.

Archived