Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I wonder if the B6 large balcony is the same size. It is what we have booked, which are just above te M6s.

If the cabin you are talking about is on deck nine it isn't as big as these but they are bigger than most on the ship.

Lemme help you with that...;)

9_Tdi_BGY.jpg

And in a very interesting bit of news, I see LOUNGERS! (but only in the one, which means 1) they must have asked for them, and 2) their wish was granted!...

o_Axk6_Pa.jpg

I wonder if te B6 large balcony is the same size. It is what we have booked, which are just above te M6s.

I wonder if the B6 large balcony is the same size. It is what we have booked, which are just above the M6s.

Yes, the B6 balconies are larger than average, but not quite this large. Here's the only pic I found, taken from the 8th floor, that gives you an idea of the size of the 9th floor B6 balconies. Look carefully, and you can see that one floor up, the balconies protrude a bit.

http://**********/G6c8ivv

(Still can't figure out how to embed an image. Maybe Joeski can help me edit this one!)

.... It's the Jewel class S4 Haven 2bd/2ba suites that are nearly double in size at 85 sf (at least on the Jewel and the Jade). ....

No need for apologies. :) I feel this is an error on many sites. The Jewel Class S4's are 54 sqft like most others except Breakaway. I could be wrong too. I tried to figure it out again and I'm all confused now. :o

Guess I'll have to book one in each category and bring a tape measure. ;)

No need for apologies. :) I feel this is an error on many sites. The Jewel Class S4's are 54 sqft like most others except Breakaway. I could be wrong too. I tried to figure it out again and I'm all confused now. :o

Guess I'll have to book one in each category and bring a tape measure. ;)

We definitely have noticed the difference on the Jade, having sailed in both the S4 and the SC. The S4 was definitely deeper, had no problem putting two loungers out there, although it was a bit tight. The SC was more like "chair deep" lol..

Not too noticeably different for just sitting out there for a bit though..

The good news is that the S4 cabin itself appears to be a bit larger on the Breakaway! :D

Robin

Yes, the B6 balconies are larger than average, but not quite this large. Here's the only pic I found, taken from the 8th floor, that gives you an idea of the size of the 9th floor B6 balconies. Look carefully, and you can see that one floor up, the balconies protrude a bit.

http://**********/G6c8ivv

(Still can't figure out how to embed an image. Maybe Joeski can help me edit this one!)

I got ya...:cool:

G6c8ivv.jpg

Hmmmmmm, two reviews out and both complain about the spa.... Well I guess that helps me with my decision not to buy the pass :)

Here's a quick take on the spa from someone on the TA:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38301831&postcount=7

We've gotten the spa pass every time on the Epic and have also gotten it on the Pearl and Jade and have felt that it was worth it each time. Since we eat late, we always go to the spa right around 6:00 or 7:00 when many others are getting ready for and going to dinner. Much less crowded and more enjoyable. Also, on some port days, if you don't rush off the ship like everyone else, you can can sometimes have the spa completely to yourself - which is kinda surreal and awesome!

I wonder if te B6 large balcony is the same size. It is what we have booked, which are just above te M6s.

Here are a couple of good views, which have been posted on the over the past few weeks. Think of the lower balconies as being tiered; all of the upper level standard balconies, or more accurately "balconettes" as I call them, are only 32sq feet, or only about 3.5ft deep; down on deck 9 are the B6's, which are 54sq feet, or about 6ft deep; and below them are the M6's (largest at about 118sq ft, or approx. 13ft deep).

breakaway333_v_contentgross.jpg

K5_S_1465.jpg

Lemme help you with that...;)

9_Tdi_BGY.jpg

And in a very interesting bit of news, I see LOUNGERS! (but only in the one, which means 1) they must have asked for them, and 2) their wish was granted!...

o_Axk6_Pa.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! Finally! Thank you:D

Has anyone seen any TV coverage of the Breakaway on "local" NYC based news? Either this is not as important as Governor Christie's weight or I have missed it.

This was from yesterday, but I did see them mention her (with live video of the dock at a bad angle) twice yesterday in the 6-7am hour on the local NBC station in NY (ch 4). Will see if they show any video of the sail away this morning. My wife laughed because anchor Michael Gargulo said there was "even a basketball court on deck." Welcome to ten (or 15?) years ago!

I use tinypic dot com for image hosting. Works fine for a picture here and there. No need to have an account. Even gives you the proper image tag to embed on this forum.

AAAGGGHHH! LOUNGERS!!!! Please send some to the B1 balconies on the aft! :p

I wonder if they were there, their wish was granted, or they did a midnight run to the Pool Deck! :D

Well they quite obviously aren't there by default, since theirs is the only one that had them in that photo. And while there is a chance they "repositioned" those resources on their own, I'm thinking more than likely they just asked for them (and that their neighbors were a little less enterprising in that regard) :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

Can anyone post the (approximate) times that the Breakaway will

1) Come back up the Hudson River near downtown NY / Jersey City on Friday May 10; and

2) Depart down the Hudson on Saturday May 11 (for Bermuda)?

I really wanted to take some quality photos of it using my tripod / DSLR, but it's difficult to be at the right place at the right time!

I'll definitely post the results up if I'm successful at getting these photos.

Best..

Re-positioning of chairs---ultimate chair hogs!!

Wow, good point. I've been following the repositioning conversations, and while I feel there's some tongue in cheek element to it, you really do nail it.

If I get up at 5am and reserve a spot for the day while using it an hour, I'm a reviled chair hog, but if I claim it for 7 days exclusively on my balcony, I'm a Cruise Critic hero.

Re-positioning of chairs---ultimate chair hogs!!

We don't use the pool, don't use the hot tubs, and don't sun in a lounger on the open decks. We like to spend time on our balcony (in the shade) relaxing. A small chair is not "relaxing" for very long, and you can't take a nap in one comfortably.

Do I expect to have the use of a lounger when I have a large (100+ sq. ft.) balcony? Yes, it is expected. On those VERY rare occasions where they're not present (perhaps twice out of 70+ sailings - I think both were on Carnival), and efforts to have a couple brought to our cabin fail, I will take care of things myself. If that makes me an "ultimate chair hog" in the eyes of some, then so be it. I carry no guilt or regret in that regard. The fault lies with the cruise line for having insufficient balcony furnishings. Sure, sometimes I'd love to have a hammock out there, or a wet bar, or a ceiling fan (or someone fanning us with palm fronds)... but I digress... :D

Tom

Hi,

Can anyone post the (approximate) times that the Breakaway will

1) Come back up the Hudson River near downtown NY / Jersey City on Friday May 10; and

2) Depart down the Hudson on Saturday May 11 (for Bermuda)?

I really wanted to take some quality photos of it using my tripod / DSLR, but it's difficult to be at the right place at the right time!

I'll definitely post the results up if I'm successful at getting these photos.

Best..

Believe it heads to Bermuda Sunday, May 12th......

FWIW, I'm 45 days out today, went to the site at 9:00 and successfully reserved a table for three for Cirque, no issues.

Good to know. We had no problem with Cirque for three (as it's not an exclusive table), but had only one time choice -7:30pm- for any of the specialty restaurants. wonder if they fixed that bug.c Did you make any reservations for those?

Robin

We don't use the pool, don't use the hot tubs, and don't sun in a lounger on the open decks. We like to spend time on our balcony (in the shade) relaxing. A small chair is not "relaxing" for very long, and you can't take a nap in one comfortably.

Do I expect to have the use of a lounger when I have a large (100+ sq. ft.) balcony? Yes, it is expected. On those VERY rare occasions where they're not present (perhaps twice out of 70+ sailings - I think both were on Carnival), and efforts to have a couple brought to our cabin fail, I will take care of things myself. If that makes me an "ultimate chair hog" in the eyes of some, then so be it. I carry no guilt or regret in that regard. The fault lies with the cruise line for having insufficient balcony furnishings. Sure, sometimes I'd love to have a hammock out there, or a wet bar, or a ceiling fan (or someone fanning us with palm fronds)... but I digress... :D

Tom

I'm with you on this one Tom.Hey since you mentioned a bar,maybe I can get one of those bar carts they have pool side on my balcony:D It seems like a waste of space if they do not furnish correctly.

Archived